-105-

Amata's pov:

As said before we snuck out of the house so we could go for a run, I was calm on the outside but jumpy on the inside since we'll go in our wolf forms and I've never seen Custos' only my father's and the wolf king's without counting my own wolf form so despite being a wolf at the base I've seen more of the other races then my own.

'You are all the races.'

'Don't start now, I did say I was a wolf at a base not that I wasn't any of the other races.'

'Sure sure.'

'Anyhow what do you think my angel, dwarf and dragon powers might be?'

'Who really knows it depends on the situation, like the demon could have been so many things but you met a shadow man, dragon I have no idea, spitting fire? A possibility since you aren't hurt by flames... A dwarf? I think it will be something basic like being able to tell apart ores to be able to create the best weapons you can from them.'

'It's still cool even if basic.'

'I have no use for that power when using your body.'

'Oh right you still want to destroy the world I forgot... Anyhow angel?'

'That one is a broad as the demon, you could gain temporary wings, power of light, able to read someone mind or even call to you weapons of light, it is broad so yet again it will depend on the situation.'

'Well we first need to meet the demon queen before we go on to the others.'

Now that we aren't running around trying to save each other I guess I could finally have the chat with Invisus I've been putting it off since I never had the time, it's nothing truly important, I just wanna get to know her a bit more, a bit more of her life and past, to learn if I can sway the hate she has for my mother.

To be honest I never wanted this but she became a good friend of mine, she doesn't scare me anymore, heck even if it's for her own good that she wants to keep me safe it is still a nice gesture.

"I'll let you undress to shift, don't worry I'll look away." I said, turning my back towards Custos and looking at the trees, tomorrow we'll head back to our room in the inn but I am still grateful for Lapis' help, hell I'd be dead without him so like Ferox, Aurum, Somnum or Insaniam he won't be forgotten, all helped me in their own way.

"We should find a mage to enchant Fortis and I like you, it's a bother to be unable to change without tearing your clothes."

"Fortis is a cat not a wolf remember?"

"Amata he isn't like a house cat as you assumed you know? I lived long enough in the capitol to know he might be a panther or something that big."

"Oh well don't blame me I didn't know."

"Mmm."

I stretched with my arms over my head before sighing and cracking my knuckles before shifting, it took less then 2 seconds, I did become fast at shifting way back in the land of fire... I sure hope they or off good in that world now that the queen is dead but well I'll never know unless I meet my mother yet again and ask her or meet the monks that know the answer to all and every questions in their temple.

I shook out my black fur, the red orbs not present around me this time as I didn't wish for them too be.

I turned around when the bush behind which Custos went rustled.

A brown and cream colored wolf stepped out, eyes greener then any leaves, she was a bit smaller then me but well I was quite a big wolf since all three of my friends fit on my back in their human form.

I smiled as much as a wolf could as I leaned my head down so we were face to face and rubbed my cheek against her, circling her, she is beautiful.

I rubbed against her side and she swatted at me with her tail, I did the same.

I could see lighter and rough looking fur around the scar on her chest, I bet it's the same for the claw marks on my face.

She licked my cheek and trotted off before looking back at me, tilting her head, I followed as asked.

--------------------------------------------

We ended up chancing each other, I could have caught up quite easily but I didn't want the fun to end as we zigzagged between the trees and kicked up the fallen brown, red and yellow leaves, winter is coming so I'm happy we are near demon land.
It's a hot place with all the volcanic activity so it wouldn't snow and we wouldn't have to deal with the cold but for that we will need to move deeper in land since we are only in the no man's land area where vampires and demons live.

I cut of Custos making her almost run into my side and nuzzled her neck.

We made it too a river and laid down next to each other, my head on hers as she laid it on my paws as we watch the calm waters and the trees on the other shore, trees we've never seen, glowing a faint and calming blue.

Despite all that happened on this journey there was still beauty and not only blood and pain, few can tell they saw as much as we did but after I talked with the queens and kings that remain and get them to agree to peace maybe more will see as we...

Despite all that happened on this journey there was still beauty and not only blood and pain, few can tell they saw as much as we did but after I talked with the queens and kings that remain and get them to agree to peace maybe more will see as we did.

I smiled on the inside as Custos felt asleep, I licked her head to smooth her fur down before laying mine down again and closing my eyes.