-80-

Amata's pov:

I woke up too... How do I say this? A huge mess. The curious little dragon had turned everything on its head and emptied my bag to look around at all the new things around it. I sighed and decided to dress up before doing anything, putting away my own stuff and getting ready.

"Viridi no." I gently but still a bit strongly tugged on its wing, something dragons did to reprimand their young, these memories really useful right now. it looked sad so I picked it up in my arms. "Don't worry I can clean it up." I said, putting my forehead against its and letting it climb on my shoulder, pass under my hair and hood and get to my other shoulder, like the back paws are on one side and the front are on the other shoulder with its head, the tail loosely wrapped around my neck.

I smile at it and rub its head with a finger, so small. I tie up my hair after putting the two usual braids in it and then start to clean up the room, it took me a while to be finished.

"What will I do with these?" I wondered as I held what was left of the eggshell pieces but still put them in my bag. I leave the room and head down to the market place, I know people are staring but ignored them, pulling my hood up for a little intimacy despite it changing nothing.

I stopped at the merchant and bought some dried meat and such I could bring with on travels and a hand full... More like a leather bag full but still, of fresh diced meat for Viridi.

I walked around the area, letting it hold the bag and dive in head first in the meat, I brought it in a baggy because I didn't want blood on my clothes right now. I touched the back of my head with a sigh, I will end up with a flat head if I keep getting knocked out I swear to my mother's head. I soon walked to the place I thought I was gonna find my friends and bingo, for once I was right.

"Guys look who decided to make their entrance and knock me out again this night." I called, making them look at me while I pointed at Viridi who finished eating, I had the urge to wipe the animal blood off its new shiny scales and did so quickly before stuffing the baggy away as I was almost crowded instantly.

"Amazing." Aura whispered, trying to reach out but Viridi almost bite her like it did with me.

"Careful, it is snappy." I chuckled.

"Why do you call it 'it'?" Custos asked making Viridi look up and stand up, I held out my arm as it walked on it and gripped her hair in its jaw. "Hey no stop that!" She shooed it away from her face as I laughed as it rolled back up and laid down where it was first.

"I called it an it because only dragons can tell the gender of a youngling before they gained their voice, I have no way of knowing."

"And why the heck did it do that?"

"Well my idea here is that since you took care of it once for me I do recognize your voice of something."

"I'm jealous now." Aura said with a smile and patted Custos' head. "The dragon baby likes you."

"Haha yeah I assume it will act the same way around Gloria since she was the one that I left Viridi with for the war."

"So you did go with that name."

"Yeah I did, it fits it."

"Yeah... Now the war is over and the council is in place, what's going to happen now?"

"I don't know about you but I'd be tempted to leave in the night, we still have the demon, angel and dwarf lands to bring peace to and from the vampires the closest is the demons and even that one is a long while away." With a bit more talking we agreed on leaving in the early morning next day, rendezvous set at this point.

-------------------------------

"Hold on tight Viridi." I whispered as I run down a dead end alleyway, jumping on the boxes piled up in the end of it and pushing off the wall to grip the edge of the roof and swinging myself on it.
I sighed and walked to the chimney and sat on it with a smile, closing my eyes as the night's wind blew over the town, it was calm and serine. I opened my eyes and looked at the army before closing them again, there were visibly much less tents around, packing up to leave, after the queen's death all the other bodies had been burnt but ritually, I had left to go sleep so I wasn't there to see it, having enough of burning people for the day.

The slaves were freed and free to leave which made me happy, dad I saved you family, you saw how much they still love you huh? I hope you are happy with me right now... Despite all I've done and will do... I love you to the moon and back... Forever... So I ask for your or mom's guidance... Help me choose, help my heart choose... Please? No of course none of you knows the answer... I'm just so lost... I opened my eyes and stared up at the cloudless night with the starts shining bright.

"Viridi look there, that's the dragon's constellation I told you about and that one is the archer's, that one if the wolf, that one there is the constellation called gates of heaven and--." I once again did as when it was in its egg, listing off the constellations again now that it could see them, a bit of calm before picking up the journey that awaits us.