-67-

Amata's pov:

I open my eyes in the familiar landscape of my mind, with all objects other than the now sunset colored sky and void underneath are only made of out lines.

I fought myself onto my knees and hands, grabbing my neck in pain, I thought I shouldn't be hurt here. I stumbled in the temple and fell down the stairs, that didn't hurt but why does the rest?

I held on the wall as I walked down the hallway, the red green and blue lines were glowing like usual... Wait... Blue? I looked at my feet to see a faintly glowing blue line in addition to the other two that were there before. I fell on my face when getting in the doom place, shaking and gasping for air, wheezing.

"Well this was not expected." I looked up at Invisus to see a look on her face I've never seen, genuine curiosity and a bit of confusion as she herself stared at the faintly glowing blue line. "This isn't how it is supposed to happen."

"W-what's going on here?" I forced out, getting on my elbows but still laying on the ground, all hurt so much. "A-am I not supposed to not be hurt in this place?"

"Only emotionally and with minor physical wounds, it cannot protect you from this venom." I lay on my side not really close but still in front of her, unable to move.

"W-what's going on?"

"As the queen said your genetics are at play here, you are made up of races that should perish from the poison and yet you have those that should turn into a vampire so technically you are half dead half alive while your body is struggling to understand what is happening."

"What did you mean buy not how it supposed to happen?" I whisper.

"Simply said, if you live your power will have been forcefully awoken, I don't know exactly how but you were not to gain the vampire powers in such a way. It feels wrong."

"Can you explain how it works?" I said softly, the blue glow getting stronger.

"Just like how you explained to the queen, depending on the volume of blood consumed it will give you a boost, for vampires it was for their speed and what strength they had but you would be able to stack yours with a bit of training."

"Stacking my powers?"

"Yeah it will be hard to do and such but imagine the wolfish and elvish powers working together, it would have a number on your body but you'll still have both at the same time." Then there was a loud thud that shook the ground and the chain around her hips just like... Shattered, as if crushed by an invisible force. I couldn't keep my eyes open for long so I just close them with a last question.

"And the negative side of this power?"

"Vampires are gluttons, that's their sin, so after drinking blood once and the power boost running out you'll feel like a force pushing you to get more to keep up your boosted powers, it won't last long, a few minutes but it will be hell to live through." I hummed, this was not as bad as the possibility to be blinded by my elvish power, I'll just have to deal with a want I can ignore.

I was now somewhat in a dream world, I mean I know I am dreaming and yet I can't do anything against it, I can't wake up, my body doesn't want to... I can somewhat understand why Somnum saw this as torture, I would not want to live in such a place for even a day but for millenniums even less, I'm surprised she was even sane at that point met her.

I don't know how long I stayed here but I hate this, normal dreams are alright but the knowledge you are in one isn't... Yeah it's a bit strange I admit. it happened all suddenly, I blink and suddenly I'm in the real world not some kind of dream or mindscape. my whole body was sore or numb at lucky places.

"Hey the redhead is alive!" I covered my ears at the yell as me vision focused.

"Don't yell idiot." I heard a familiar voice and looked over to Gloria who hit a man on the head. "Hey, how are you feeling?" She asked, sitting down as I sighed, crossing my arms under my head but staying laying on my stomach, I was whipped in the back let's not forget that.

"Sore."

"Well I imagine with what happened... What did you do to have yourself bitten? You must have pissed her off even more you moron."

"I listed what she was planning to do to me since something similar happened to me, I didn't yell as she whipped me, I told her in Latin I'd spite on her grave and spit on her."

"Goddess, you have a death wish!"

"I have a destiny, I won't die before accomplishing it as it took my father and normal life from me."

"Mmm... I thought the marks on your face were tattoos."

"loads of people do."

"Yeah I can understand that but they were blue for a while with your eyes blue too when I checked for a sign of life." I gave her a thumbs up to say it was normal, I had assumed is would be the case. For wolf I get more red markings and that hybrid form though my eyes don't change color, in elf I get pointier ears, the red on my face becomes green with my eyes so I assumed it would be the same for the rest so hearing this wasn't even a surprise.

"I know it's something that came with this destiny so I expected the change."

"So now you are a vampire?"

"Well no since I always was partially... I'll tell you the whole story after we get out alright?"

"We will never get out."

"Oh but we will and that's a promise."

"I'll believe you on that one."