-134-

(song name: 'a sacrifice to save you' by Efisio Cross, such a fitting theme to represent what Aura held closest to her heart, her friends, willing to make sacrifices to save them) (Future author: it still hurts me now; 2-3 year after I wrote this chapter originally.)

Amata's pov:

I wordlessly walked over to the group, passing Fortis, Custos and Dea before stopping at the feet of my elvish friend, body cradled in the arms of Deus.

"Aura." I whispered, tears springing to my eyes, nothing else leaving my mouth, mind unable to form words.

She can't be gone... She can't... And yet her body laid lifeless, her blood staining my hand and Deus' as she held him.

"Bring her back." I whispered, looking up at the sky, it was like nature fell silent too, grieving the lose of one of the people that was more in contact with it.

"Bring her back." I said louder, looking at the sky as if looking long enough would let me see my mother.

"You can't do this... Bring her back!" I said, arms shaking and the first tear falling down my face as no one stopped me.

"You can't take my father! And take Aura too!!" My voice was rising, pain and anger mixed into the tears.

"You can't take her!!!" I yelled. "Please!!!" But I knew, just like how my father couldn't be saved... That she couldn't save her but I refused to listen to reason.

"BRING HER BACK!!!!" My voice broke, falling onto my knees, hands covering my tear soaked face as I sobbed into them.

"Bring her back... Please... I can't... Aura..." I whispered as I felt arms wrap around me and just hold me before a hand came to rest on my shoulder, I could see Timor and the dragons off to the side with Dea hugging Deus so I knew I was held by the friends that were with me when we met Aura.

"Please..." I begged my mother, voice breaking more and more and turning quieter than a whisper, all pains of the battle forgotten to the pain of loosing her.

I felt another pair of arms... Or arm, grab me and hold me against them.

'I'm sorry' It was Invisus, even she was quiet, being pissed off at the angel that dared to kill Aura but neither of us, or anyone else, was in the right mindset to point that out so I let her hold the mental me.

---------------------------------------

I cried myself to sleep that day and when I woke up I felt empty, like a chunk of my soul was taken from me.

I wordlessly let Fortis help Timor with my burns, cuts and torn flesh of my back, tightly wrapped in bandages, everything and everyone silent and slow.

Without a word I grabbed a discarded broken battle axe that still had a piece of the handle to it and went to the nearest tree, lifting it and slamming it into the trunk before doing it again.

She wanted to be burnt.

"Jeez we are seriously doing this? This is morbid guys... But let me think... I think I'd prefer to have my body burnt and the ashes kept somewhere." Aura said with a smirk, she seemed to be getting better since she was rescued and getting close with Deus which just brought a huge smile on my face, she deserves to be happy.

My breathing hitched a bit from a tearless sniffle, eyes closed, memories kept flashing though my head of all my time with her and tightened my hold on the axe.

"What are you doing?" I heard Dea ask softly behind me.

"She wanted to be burnt... Her ashes kept somewhere... I-I am making her f-final wish come true..." I said.

She said nothing as I went back to chopping at the wood before a dragon like arm grabbed the trunk and pressed down to snap it, I looked up at the draconic form and she nodded down at me.

Soon all but Deus joined the endeavor of us cutting down the trees and dragging the trunks to the part of the forest that has been burnt up by the golden flames, leaving an ashy clearing where we didn't risk another forest fire.

Custos was the one to go tell her we were done.

It was heart wrenching, paining even more then it was before, to see Deus carry over the body of the one she loved... They just got together... Aura suffered so much... So much... She deserved happiness finally... And it got ripped away from her!

I had my jaw set, trying to keep my pain bottled up with no tears just glossy eyes, I need to be strong, I need to be strong... I need too.

I almost let myself go when Deus pulled off Aura's ring and after tearing a strip off her clothing, made a makeshift necklace around her own neck with the ring on it.

Aura's stuff was gathered, her bow, shattered blade and her bags, all set next to the body on the trunks. Her arms bent up to her chest and resting on the pommel of the blade set out on her body... Burial of a warrior...

I saw from the corner of my eyes Timor with his hands joined and whispering in Latin, probably a prayer... Aura taught me what I know from this old language... She taught me so many things.

Fortis was holding a silently crying Dea while Deus was kneeling on the ground, her and I being the closest to the funeral pyre, Custos probably behind me or something.

Deus was the only one that could spark flames magically but no one would ask her to do that.

I pulled out a dagger and picked up a stone and knelled down near the pyre and struck them together to create sparks as I held my breath, one of the small tuft of dried grass stuffed between the logs caught fire and I dropped the stone, put away my weapon and stepped back where I was.

The more the flames spread the more holding the pain was hard.

I took a shaky inhale and held my breath, feeling my self control shattering.

I wanted her too wake up and yell at us for wanting to burn her alive, I wanted her to yell at us that we were idiots, I wanted her to stir because of the heat, I wanted her to be pissed at our mistake... But she never moved.

I let out a soft sob as my hands shook as the flames consumed her.

I closed my eyes, the tears rolling down my eyes.

I tried covering my face to silence them but the sobs got through.

I fell too my knees, shoulder shaking.

"I'm sorry." I whispered, bending forwards with my forehead against the ground and arms tightly grabbing my clothes over my heart. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." And I repeated that on loop.

If it wasn't for me freezing up.

Aura would be alive.