-122-

Amata's pov:

I was laying curled up slightly on myself, arms around Custos' torso and my head on her upper chest, her legs draped over my own as I laid there, sun barely pointing its nose on the horizon. 

I felt content here, relaxed, safe.

We were travelling up north following one of the rare rivers the flowed in the demon lands to get away from the huge mountain range cutting through the border because no one of us fancied facing those huge as mountains, the angel demon war was mostly lead in the air as angels had wings and there were several demons that could fly.

I sighed and freed myself and stood up, kicking dirt over the dying fire to smother it completely and looked at my slumbering friends, Dea was supposed to be on guard duty but I was awake so it wasn't trouble really.

I picked up my bow and a single arrow I twirled in between my fingers, watching the light dance along its metal tip before I turned away from our temporary camp and walked off.

Tree were rare around here and the grass was yellow if it even grew out, the ground was no longer brown moist dirt like it should be but looked like charred crackled clay and there would never be snow here even if the sky was filling with the snow clouds, none got ever close enough to touch the ground in either form of the water.

I swung the bow around my shoulder and the arrow between my teeth as I grabbed on a tree's bark and started climbing and going as high as I could, ending up with a foot each on a flimsy branch that could hold me if I was very still as my senses sharpened.

I hummed, it was the first time I actually took the time to see the soft green glow of my face marking... Wait I don't really think they've glowed before.

'Well you are becoming clearly used to your powers, your body can take so much, remember this elvish stuff can blind you.'

'Yeah?'

'Well as your powers grow you have also an easier time with the rest because time is passing and you are using them. But your body has a limit, so an easy way to expel excess power is simply letting it out like you can channel shadows into your palms as a demon.'

'So since these are connected to all my powers they now glow because of them getting rid of magic?'

'You can say that.'

'Well it is useful to be stuck with you.'

I spotted a war boar feasting on the dry grass, they are called that because they are huge and used in wars of course, I knew it was too far for a shot... I glanced at the shadows near my feet.

'Do not even.'

'You can't stop me.'

The glow turned dark green as what demon features that were usually black appeared as a similar dark green and took my bow and arrow in hands and armed the arrow.

A black string pierced through my palm which left it stinging slightly as it wrapped around the arrow, the tip of it losing its metal shine replaced by a dark shadow engulfing it.

'You really need to learn to loosen up.'

I let the arrow fly and jerked a bit as it flying away let out a thunderous sound and I thought I almost snapped my bow string, lucky elvish string it strong.

The string wrapped around my hand and it wasn't long as I myself fall back into the shadow realm as the arrow dragged my weightless body through the purple air.

I yanked my hand to the side and pulled myself from the shadows at the arrows highest point in the sky as the string puffed away into smoke.

'You are an idiot!!!!' Invisus screamed at me as I stopped moving upwards and started falling.

I grinned as the wind whipped my hair around as I braces my legs in front of me as the dark green became a dark red, I now felt no pain from becoming a half wolf.

I clenched my left hand raised up and a spear of shadows formed into my hand which didn't look more than a long and thin black crystal.

I grabbed my hand with my other and held them over my head before thrusting down as my feet met the rough hide of the beast.

--------------------------------------------

I hummed softly as I pocked the cooking meat over the fire I needed to restart because I stupidly kicked dirt over it to kill it and was berated by Invisus out how much of a child I am.

'Chill out.'

'Chill out? CHILL OUT?!?! Young lady you could have killed us!!'

'But I didn't.'

'You can't do reckless stuff just to try it out if it would work!!'

'Goddess Invisus you are acting like my mother!'

'That I am not! I am present in your life and more than a simple cold gust of wind conveying touch! I am here!'

I didn't reply, there was no need to really as we would just go on arguing anyway.

Tho her words did make me think slightly.

I couldn't help a grin.

Even if she doesn't see it she does care for me and not only for my body's health, she wouldn't get this made... And it warms my heart she finds it important to precise she is a better mother to me then my real one... Tho she most likely didn't realize she worded it that way.

"Welp dad, just like you used to always say, expect something from life and it will give you something different... I still miss you but tears don't threaten to spill anymore... So wherever you are... Know I am happy and not crying for you anymore... Like I am sure you'd have wanted me to get too, to move on from your death... I did it... Are you proud?"

Even in the warm land the cold of the air was what was let to welcome my words as the fire crackled softly, sun rising above the horizon.

"I did it."