-96-

Amata's pov:

"You are too paranoid Amata relax." Fortis slapped me on the back as we left the theater he convinced us to go in to watch a play, who knew he liked that stuff. I've been paranoiac for the past week or so, always feeling eyes on me but never finding the source of the gazes, no one ever felt something similar so I started thinking it is just because of me being used to always be in danger as were traveled. my hood was up since Viridi and Frigus were sitting around my neck and didn't want demons to see them.

"Did you sleep well?" Aura asked as we walked to a park they had here, it was the only park of the town and it was filled with different tried I've never seen elsewhere with beautiful names, the dragon's cursed tree, the fireblosom tree, the nightfall tree or even the autumn tree, their leaves so colorful.

"I did, maybe it is just the usual feeling of always being on edge and now that there is no real danger it makes me paranoid."

"Maybe it is that, don't worry." Custos took my hand and I smiled at her, she smiled back, we decided to sit at the edge of the river running through the place. I've seen a map earlier, there were less rivers around in the land of demons and it got hotter near the centre but it's not a surprise honestly, we are in a place where the main magic is based on flames and heat so it is bound to get hot for the others after all for me it is nothing.

"Guys I know these two weeks have been calm but I do think we should go on towards the capital and finally talk to the king or queen of this place I don't remember."

"Queen, the demons have always only had queens as they more choose their rulers for the sex appeal then for their strength in fighting so if you are intelligent and beautiful you are alleged to the throne if the current queen chooses so... And I do also think so, this was a good time we spent here but we can't forget the mission ahead of us." Aura said.

"Yeah I agree." Custos sighed. "It's good to take a bit of time off but we have something to finish, then we'll have all of the time off that we want after we are done."

"Well I'll agree with you girls plus I'm getting bored here, wouldn't hurt to be on the move." Fortis added on, already standing as he never sat down. I smiled at them when something looking like a ball of smoke hit Fortis in the chest and sent him flying and hit a tree.

"Go." I got to my feet as I held out my hand towards Fortis and with that one-word command the dragons ran across my arm and to him, I pulled out my daggers as I looked around, Aura pulled out her bow and Custos her dagger, there was no one. then something shadowy appeared in the middle of our makeshift triangle that looked like the shadow of a man.

Aura's arrow went straight through it as it sent a ball of shadow at her too but she avoided it before it appeared in front of her while we tried to cut it, its hand went through her chest as a ghost's hand would, she froze and gasped, falling over unconscious when he pulled his hand back.

"You fucker!" I slashed it but my blades went through, it doesn't even have a solid body underneath the smoke?!

"Amata!" I gasped as I looked at the bow made up from the same material as it was then at my chest with the arrow sticking out of it. I stared wide eyed as the arrow went up in smoke and left a bloody hole with a growing stain in the middle of my chest. I fell to my knees as I coughed blood, the arrow most likely didn't hit completely straight on and touched a lung, fuck. I gasped softly as he took out Custos with a smoke ball thing like for Fortis.

"Now I'll be taking them." A male voice came from it as smoke like wrapped around Aura and Custos, lifting them. "I have no use for the male having seen nothing in the time I've looked to see you care for him." So I wasn't being paranoid, he was the one watching me.

"I won't let you." I stood up, coughing. "Let them go!" I tried punching him but you can guess that my fist went through him.

"Pathetic as mistress said, time for you to suffer death and know you can do nothing to save them from her wrath." I felt something sharp and painful enter my stomach and out my back, I saw a smoky sword, how? How did it touch me in it doesn't have a solid body?! How can it make solid things and touch me, touch me because of the punch to the face and sent me to the ground.

"F-fuck your mistress." I spat making him kick me hard to turn me on my stomach as I coughed, air literally kicked out of my lungs, blood came out from my mouth and also from the wounds.

"You will die while she gets her vengeance for what you've done to her." The sword went through my back, pinning me against the ground.

"N-no... I won't... Let you." I whispered, reaching out towards him as he walked away, my vision tunneling. "You hear me?! I won't let you!!" But he vanished with them in the explosion of smoke, my arm fell and my eyes followed, closing despite the fight I put up for them to remain open.