-73-

Amata's pov:

I stood on top of the wall as the wind blew past, our armies packed behind the walls, elves waiting for the signal to make the trees pull up their roots and make passage. I watched the sky, the wind was strong and cold, the clouds were where dark and heavy, sun hidden behind them, casting a dark shadow on the world.

"I'm sorry mother." I whispered in the wind, I could just tell this was her sadness, a seemingly never ending sadness at the loss of life that was to come.

I sighed, hitching a leg up on the walls edge that was shaped like the top of a normal castle, I just stared on with my now green eyes before turning them back to their usual color, just staring at the vampire army marching out of the walls like a river, never ending.

"Arm the arrows!" I shouted over the wind, it wasn't the best time for arrows but elves were the best at archery so I trusted them as I hooked an arrow on my own bow. "Hold!" 

We waited, the vampires were all geared up while for us only those that had brought armor and those that already owned some had something, dangerous but it also made us fast. I watched some of them sitting on creatures I've had seen in the cave when we fled the castle, those creatures looking tortured until they were the perfect weapons, I somehow pitied their fate in the hands of the vampires despite them almost causing my death while escaping.

".... Fire!" And a barraged of arrows flew as I jumped off the wall after my shot as I had only taken one arrow, leaving my bag and arrows with Ferox and Gloria, I shoved my bow in my sort of brother's hand and we nodded at each other before he left, I gave him my bow and quiver as he was to stay and shot with the elves while I trusted my dear egg to his mother as I wouldn't bring it out on the front line. "Open the gates! Go!"

And that's how it all started.

The gates opened and everyone rushed out, were-creatures in their two legged and animal forms, elves behind and finally the vampires against the queen. I let my ears and tail pop out as I pulled out one of my daggers.

The vampires rushed forth too, both armies clashing in a huge cling of metal and the first deaths.

I swung my dagger at the throat of a man and slashed it open before grabbing another by the neck and throwing his at three of his comrades, knocking them down. I quickly pulled out my other blade and made an 'X' with them over my head to block a sword swing before pushing the vampire back and slashing them deep diagonally in the armpit/arm, I don't know why since I'm not a doc but know that someone cut there will bleed out in a few minutes' top.

I jumped back to avoid a slash from an axe and kicked the vampire down before stabbing her right through the forehead while already elbowing another before even pulling the dagger out.

It seemed every time I killed two others seemed to take their place, this will be harder then I first thought.

Custos' pov:

It was hard only fighting with one dagger so I had picked up a short sword from the ground after elbowing and breaking the neck of the one vampire that had used it as a weapon before me.

I had a cut on my cheek for not having pick up the sword in time and another enemy had already come at me, lucky it's only a cut in the cheek instead of cutting the top half of my head off like the vampire tried to make it happen.
I grabbed the man and stabbed the sword in his stomach when I saw from the side of my vision an axe coming down towards me, before I could react a blade clashed with the axe, pushing it away before slashing its hand off at the wrist. I shoved the dead man on the ground and looked back at a smirking Aura.

"11." She said.

"Huh?"

"I killed 11, you?" I smirked back and stabbed a man through the mouth.

"Now 12." Seems we had suddenly made this a competition but this technically gave us another reason to survive, the reason proving to the other we were the better.

3ird point of view pov:

The storm clouds rolled over the bloody battlefield, distant thunder echoing between the screams of falling men and clashing weapons, soon heavy rain poured down on the land.

The two armies thought without stopping for hours.

Upon the vampire's wall the queen looked on with disgust and anger, had she listened to Amata this wouldn't have come to be but that wasn't her worry, what occupied her mind was the victory she was to bring, the archers firing on before joining the battle when their quivers were empty.

On the ally's wall stood half of the elves, still diligently raining down arrows on the enemies, the wolves that stayed back prepared under orders from the elvish queen Nix, this war would need all the people in it. on each side people fell of the walls, an arrow reaching a vampire or a thrown mace hitting an elf.

The armies seemed equal but the vampires numbers never seem to fall despite how many died and the royal elves could see that with their eyes, strategic and thoughtful on where to send out the preparing people out to get the advantage for themselves.

Amata's pov:

I was panting hard from the constant fighting, my body wearing cuts here and there where I hadn't blocked the hits or moved away fast enough. I was confident until something happened.

There was a huge thudding sound before a shock wave knocked me a bit forwards but not enough to fall before I heard screams of agony and saw a huge ball of flames dissipating when I turned back, it soon disappeared but it killed loads of people. I looked on in horror as other landed.

The vampires had catapults... And they were flinging huge pieces of fire crystals at us! The shock and speed of the crystals hitting the ground was harsh enough to shatter the crystal and make it liberate its energy in a big blazing ball of fire.

"Oh goddess help us." I whispered as I saw around five other catapult shots being flung our way from on the vampire wall.