-15-

Amata's POV:

A few days had passed since I had seen the council and became the new queen. I was slowly getting used to it with all the servants always there to do whatever I asked... It is not what I wished for, but for now, this is my life, and I will guide the people to the best of my abilities.

Contrary to what I was told to do by many of the council, I let the three siblings stay in the manor and didn't throw them out on the street. They grew up here. I don't want to uproot them and force them into a life they know nothing about.

The two male siblings did what they could to be far from me, so I rarely saw them, but Harmonia happily stuck around with me. Usually, we talked about each other's life. Custos was also following me no matter the time of day, as it was her role.

I was happy to have gotten my cape and bag back and was led to the armory to find my weapons, as they didn't know how they looked. I had left the bag in my room as it had nothing of use in it while I dawned on my cape and weapons. I kept the hood off as what use it had when everyone knew I was the queen.

------------------------------------------

Currently I'm sitting in the throne and letting the people in. unlike with the previous ruler, the people could now come in and address their worries to me.
Rumors floated around, painting a bloody image over me with some and treating me as a savior in others.

"Oh dear queen, what should I do? Every other day a group of youngsters come and destroy my daily work of pots and other ceramic creations, I tried all I can do but nothing works." An old woman said, bowing as she spoke.

"I ask you to stop bowing, I don't ask for such trivial rituals to be done for me, I cannot promise much other then a small bag of 20 gold and 20 silvers as compensation and two members of the guard to stand guard over your shop, if the problem persist I'll have them brought before me and punish them in a way your heart wishes for it to be done." 

"Oh thank you my queen." She was lead out by two guards to get the promised money and protection from them.

"You are good at this." Harmonia said, sitting on the armrest of the throne, Custos just standing on the other side.

"Thanks tho I do wish that none of this happened." I had lost my freedom after all, I didn't have a promise to fulfill, nothing.

"Well like it or not it happened." She said, redoing my braids, believe it or not I liked how the insane mage styled it.

" She said, redoing my braids, believe it or not I liked how the insane mage styled it

(as a remainder of the hair style)

I brushed my hand through my free flowing hair with a sigh.

I was not made to rule and I could tell Harmonia wasn't just friendly with me, if it was only that kiss I'd have let it slid but holding my hand, kissing my cheek, doing my hair and more... It was like an inverse Stockholm syndrome, she didn't fall in love with her captor... Since it was her father... But did with her savior which is me, the first person that cared to save her from this life... I did nothing to show her I would feel the same way and I hope she will soon understand it that I'm just friends with her, nothing more... Even the people stare at the display, having rumors that I took her as a trophy of my victory and keep the rest family of the fallen king for that reason too.

"Oh my queen." It was a man this time, looking young and slim, he was a werecat. "My wife is sick, no doctor in town can help her, I implore you to let the royal doctor have a look at her, I'm begging you."

"Custos have a guard get the doc and have him guide the man home."

"I am eternally grateful for your kindness my queen."

"Head home and be with your beloved, the doctor will follow you out."

"You are so nice with everyone."

"Well Harmonia I was raised to be nice." I let her touch the bandages on my face and pull away to glance under them before letting them go.

"A few days and I think we can take all of these off for good tho it will leave a deep scar on your face."

"I already have these red markings on my cheeks so adding a few more shouldn't be the end of the world we know it as." Even if it was in my power range to do just that if Invisus was free of her chains.

"Alright, I hope these don't hurt too much anymore." She let me go.

"I'm fine, no need to worry." I looked forwards to the next person and face palmed... Not him again... "Not you again." I voiced my thoughts.

"What you mean not me again?! You broke a small chair over my head!! I came too see if these stupid rumors about a red haired she-wolf being the new ruler were true!!" It was the cat man.

"You know him?" Harmonia asked.

"He's the idiotic cat that wanted to fight me in the village I told you about, in that inn where I broke a chair on his head to knock him out."

"I CAN HEAR YOU!!!" He yelled at us making Custos step forwards, a hand on her dagger but I raised my hand to stop her from doing anything.

"I can make him leave if that's what you wish Amata."

"No... At least not for now... Your name? Last two times we met I didn't catch it with your yelling."

"Fortis."

"Your parents must have known you'd be strong if they named you that just like they named me Amata."

"As if, you are not beloved at all!! I trained years to beat the king you bitch!! A slut an--" "Custos please." I signed, toning the cussing man out as he could not say anything new.

"Right away." She nodded. "Guards make this man leave the manor at once."

"HEY!! YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME!! LET ME GO!!" Fortis was dragged away and I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose with closed eyes before I opened them again and let my hand fall... I just took over but I already don't want this.

"Oh queen." It was a council man coming from within the manor.

"Yes?" I turned my head to him as he unfolded a paper and handed it over to me.

"As you might have heard our allies are the elves but since the change in royalty the communication has cut off, they refuse any contact with our people."

"I will have a read of the letter you handed me than I'll decide on the course of action to take."

"Yes my queen."

I sighed... Oh good goddess why... Why is my fate such as it is? Why?...