-57-

Amata's pov:

I groaned awake and sat up, looking around I saw I was still on the podium at the dragon temple.

"Gah, my head." I grabbed it with one hand.

"A child of two legged being was never to see such things under normal circumstances as their mind is not built for such knowledge." I looked back, the dragon hadn't moved.

"Those images... Were those all..." I had seen so many worlds, one so different from the next it was mentally straining.

"All those were real worlds us dragons have seen and see to this day."

"Oh grand dragon, Aurum had said after leaving this land our memories will be altered, might I ask how or in which way?"

"I shall answer you child of wolf, it an ancient magic cast upon the entry gate, once you leave, no matter if dragon, elf or angel, all memories will be pulled from your brain but you will remember being here and what you seen."

"That's contradictory."

"Such is the magic's wish, it's to keep the hatchlings and the resting place of the passed on safe, your mind can't grasp such notions. You'd need to fully understand what ancient magic looks over us. Your memories shall remain yours but will be shaped as the magic sees it fit, you will not be able to recall what you saw, the dragons and eggs but you shall remember laying your gaze upon them."

"And these dragons' memories?"

"Those shall all be forgotten at your exit of these walls and door as no being shall know of a dragons' memories."

"Will I forget the way in here?"

"You shall forget it in the way you shall forget the rest of this place and yet know of what happened." I started to stand up and something fell out of my lap as I didn't notice it was there, I stared at the small green dragon egg, it was a bit smaller than most that I've seen but not the smallest since they grow a bit as the youngling grows inside it, I gently picked it up and looked at it.

" I started to stand up and something fell out of my lap as I didn't notice it was there, I stared at the small green dragon egg, it was a bit smaller than most that I've seen but not the smallest since they grow a bit as the youngling grows insid...

I knew dragon eggs were solid, it was almost impossible to break from the outside unless you had magic or special tools but I still felt the need to be careful with it.

"Oh dragon can I know why is such a young hatchling resting upon my body?"

"With ears like yours you cannot hear, you are deaf to the world, the hatchling chose you as a guide."

"Chose me? A guide?"

"Each hatchling shall have a mentor as it grows and hatches in a dragon, said hatchling you hold so dearly in your arms chose you as its mentor in life."

"Should that mean I am to raise it? But shouldn't one of its kin do it?"

"It is as it has been done for dragons for a long time but once a hatchling chooses, the choice is permanent. This shall be the start of a new era child, of a hatchling hatching for another kin then to a dragon." I looked down and the little egg in my hands and hugged it to my chest with small smile.

"Then I shall raise it well and teach it to the best of my abilities." 

The dragon leaned down but I didn't move as it put its muzzle against my forehead and a string of memories zipped through my mind making my legs jello and I fell to my knees, holding the egg tight.

"You shall have the knowledge of a dragon to raise the hatchling as a dragon should be taught, this memory shall not fade like the others as it was a gift given to you by a dragon willingly."

"I greatly thank you help oh great dragon, I shall now take me leave."

"You shall child, when peace has come us dragons will return, up until that time has come we shall remain here in a deep slumber and await the times when we can return to the land and skies." The dragon laid down while talking, rolling up on itself. "Luck shall be by your side on your journey child of wolf." She closed her eyes and I could tell she had joined the others in their slumber. I slowly made my way of the podium and picked up the crystal, holding it against me in one arm with the egg and climbed the stairs. it was a long way up through the now silent stairway, the spirits of dragons set free of their eternal torment.

--------------------------------------

I arrived up and saw everyone sitting on a fallen pillar but doing different stuff, Fortis was playing with a stone broken egg as if it was a puzzle, Aura was dosing off a bit and Custos was just staring at all this foreign architecture.

"Guys I'm back." I called, making them look at me and instantly crowd me to see the egg in my arm.

"I can't believe my eyes! A real, none stone, dragon egg!" Aura said in awe, almost screaming.

"Yeah I found it alone in the clutches in the clutches of a dying dragon. I am to raise this egg as my own." I lied, I can't risk one of them somehow remembering that I told them about all the dragons and eggs and tell others after we passed the gates and have people raid and kill the sleeping dragons, what things I saw down there, the memories of them, shall not leave this place. "Let's try to head back now, we've been her long enough."

We headed back and the moment we arrived at the bottom of the tunnel again, the gate appeared and a searing headache appeared in everyone's head, I was the last one to faint, making sure that the egg wasn't hurt as I fell down.