-109-

Amata's pov:

It is surprisingly cold when I wake up, even with covers I feel the chilling air coming through the window.

I get out of bed and look around to see I'm alone, even the dragons are gone.

I smiles as I look through the window and see snowflakes, winter came I guess but it also brought a light frown to my face, we spent a long time here, we need to move again.

I do not want to move, I didn't want to pick up this quest after so much time to relax, the others seemingly had forgotten our true purpose here or just didn't think much about it but destiny always catches up to us mortals and immortals no matter how we run from it.

I sighed and threw on my jacket and left the room.

My friends weren't inside so I went outside, I turned on my elvish powers while pulling my hood up to hide the changes. By now rumors of who I was had spread far and wide so it wasn't of much use but still.

With this power I easily tracked them down.

---------------------------------------

I chuckled as Viridi was jumping out and diving in the powder snow with Frigus trying to follow him.

"It's it a bit cold to be sleeveless?" I asked Custos who jumped, not having noticed me before I spoke as she leaned against the wall and stared at the dragons playing around in the surprisingly high level of snow. "Lucky we brought boots eh?"

"Good goddess." Custos sighed as I laughed. "But yeah, it's strange to wear them but much better then having cold feet."

"Mhm, I thought we'd be more up north by the time winter came and we wouldn't get to see the snow and hoped that would be the case actually because I'm not a fan of the cold."

"Well we make do as were-creatures."

"True, back where I come from as you know there are many races cohabiting so you'd get a weird mix of people cursing the snow with others looking on in curious wonder why they are so against snow."

"Yeah in the lands you are surrounded by only your people, how does that place look? We will get the chance to see all the land even maybe the ocean or islands if we get so close to the edge of the continent but seeing the middle is kinda hard."

"I get what you mean, I have an idea after all this is done I have a house back there, most likely Ferox and Gloria are living there now since I sent them there when we last saw them so we'll have a place to stay at, it's not a pretty place Custos, like everything looks quickly thrown together like a well kept slum... I had planned to return there after this was done anyway."

"... It makes me strangely sad to think this will end, I will always follow you partly because of my promise to keep the old queen safe." She winked with a smile. "And of course because I love you to the end of time itself but I don't know about the others, Aura exiled herself but she might wish to return after this to leave a calm life away from fights, Fortis might return to his parents inn, Deus and Dea might stick to demons and who the hell knows if another person might join us along this journey."

"Yeah, I thought about that too but I guess we can always visit and we'll have these memories we made together, we met so many people along the way I'm sure we will meet more so think of the good and not the bad."

"A good point."

"I think so too... Fortunately or unfortunately for now that is still in the far away future, we would need to get to the end of this quest before."

"... Is it time to move again?"

"I fear so, I don't wish this either after getting a taste of normal life again but well it must be done, after we finished we'll have all our life to relax."

"I understand don't worry, but just gave the others a week, Aura is still a bit shaken and the news of leaving to face possible constant danger might not be taken good."

"True, yeah I'll tell them tonight so they can mentally prepare."

"Good idea."

"Yeah and bringing this up have you seen them?"

"Aura? No idea so I asked Deus to find her since they seem really close, Fortis decided to look around to see if there were small things he could help with the get money since it is depleting and Dea followed him."

I hmm-ed watching the dragons, both had grown and gained weight with would make my shoulders and neck sore and they wouldn't fit really well so one of them took seat on Custos while the other was on me.
Frigus was the size of a house cat, it grew a lot even for a fairy creature (remember I called dwarfism in this world as fairy creatures since dwarfs are real here) and Viridi was, from the tip of its nose to the end of its tail, the distance between my two hands with my arms held out horizontally at my side, it fit on my shoulders because half of its length was all in the tail but soon I won't be able to carry it like that and it will need to walk next to me or something.

I was giddy on the inside since it should be now that they should gain their voices and I can stop saying it when referring to them.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Oh nothing, just wondering what voice Viridi and Frigus will have."

"Is it that time already?"

"Yeah dragons grow fast in the first few months of their life before it slows down, it's for survival reasons so the other animals don't hurt them."

"It's astonishing to think a while ago Viridi was just a little egg."

"We were at the vampires when it broke free from the egg and are just barely in demon land which is short considering the distance we already did."

"Yeah."

We just chatted about what came to mind while watching my... Our dragons have fun in the snow and we too ended up covered in snow in the end, it falling from the sky and dragons kicking it up didn't help us hide from it.