-6-

Amata's POV:

Waking up only brought sorrow and death as my father wasn't present anymore.

I walked down to the kitchen, the wooden floor cracking, the only sound filling this empty house.

I looked around the barrels and the boxes.

I put all types of food on the countertop before walking away. Dad was cleaned for the funeral, but I was still muddy and bloody even after all the time had passed.

I went to the bathroom and opened the barrel with water in it. I drop my stuff on the ground and take a cloth to clean myself off. I quickly get a pair of similar clothing I had before, only that the top is black and the shorts are dark brown.

I put them on when I'm done drying myself and put my belt with my daggers back on, taking the quiver in my hands.

I drop it on the kitchen counter, next to the food, before I walk back to Dad's room and search around until I find a leather bag I bring to the same place, searching for one more thing.

I looked around until I found the thing I was looking for.

I draped the short cape over my body, tied it around my neck, and pulled up the hood of it

I draped the short cape over my body, tied it around my neck, and pulled up the hood of it. It was shorter than standard capes, but the purpose was achieved: it had a hood to hide my face.

I looked in our long mirror; it hid the top of my face, but those red marks on my face remained exposed... Meh, it doesn't matter that much. 

I picked up the bag and filled it with food like crackers, dried meat, dried tomatoes, bread, cucumbers, carrots, garlic, a bag of sunflower seeds, and a few apples. I then took a few flasks and filled them with water, putting them in the bag too before getting a few helpful stuff like a map, compass, money, and other STUFF, closing the bag, and putting it on.

I passed my quiver over the bag and took one last look at my house, knowing I wouldn't see it for a long while... I never thought I would feel this way... As if I was leaving behind an old friend, someone who helped raise me in a way.

I stepped outside with one last glance inside before closing the door and locked it with my key. I took the key, dug a small hole near one of the flowers outside, and buried it there so no one but me would find it.

I walk to the graveyard and sit cross-legged in front of Dad's grave, staring at the letters, doing nothing... For a long time... Just sitting there...

I sighed softly as the sky was now turning orangish.

"I'll be leaving now, Dad, to fulfill my promise... I feel we won't see each other for a long while after today's sun sets behind the mountains... Next time we'll see each other... I feel like I'll have a lot of things to tell you... But now it's time to go." I stood up, still staring at the grave. "Goodbye, Dad, I love you. No matter what will happen, I always will."

I turned around and walked away, opening the map and staring at it a little before closing it again.

This town may be the only one considered truly out of war's way, with no one taking a side and everyone being seen as a traitor to their homeland... But there are only so many other towns around. The only difference is that they are so small they don't care about recruiting their people in the war or are loyal to their rulers.

I decide to head towards the nearest wolf town, which is a long way away, but from what I've learned about myself, I can do it. I have the powers of the seven races in me... My joke theory turned out to be true after all... I was from every race on this land... That also proves that dragons are real or were once real.

--------------------------------

I left the town and now was walking towards my first destination to fulfill my 'life on the line' promise, I will end that horrid king wolf, no matter if I die doing so.

I stopped walking and looked back, even from such a small distance the town already looked smaller, I saw the candles being lit and and their warm glow escape through the windows as the sun was setting.

I pulled the hood more over my face and turned away, walking off... Tho I never expected this would turn in the journey of my life, I only had a feeling... But it turning true is a completely different thing than just having a feeling it might.