-75-

Amata's pov:

I had frighteningly underestimated the number of vampires, it never seemed to decrease even with the war raging on.

Right now you want to know how I am? I'm sitting on the ground in the mud holding my foot. 

To sum up how I ended up here, the vampires front line was killed and we rushed forwards and fall in a trap the mud was filled with three pronged metal spikes crafted in a way the prongs needed to be cut to pull it out, half of the wolves and cats rushing, in both forms, and fell victim to this as none of us had the tendency to wear shoes, elves, the remaining half of the wolves and some vampires got passed the trap but it was really a bad thing.

"Fuck." I cursed as I had walked on such a prong, I could only hope no one I knew fell victim to these. "Fuck!!" I pushed myself to my feet with another storm of curses as I tried to ignore the pain, I could still walk so I would!

I could see my purple marking slowly fading to red and the more they faded the stronger a sort of lust for blood appeared and strengthened, this was what Invisus told me about. It was like if I hadn't drunk in months and suddenly water is presented to me but I refused to drink it despite the want, it was that but worst, the smell of the red liquid filling the air almost making me drool but I can't give in!

I picked up a three pronged metal trap that I saw, pulling it out of the mud and throwing it with all my strength, I caught glimpse of a vampire I hit right in the face with it before an ocean of enemy blocked my view.

Crystal were still thrown at us and it was decimating our armies.

A huge echoing screech echoed over the battlefield all battles stopping as everyone looking up at the dark skies to see a swarm of black creature that were the symbol of death, people sitting along the top of their bony backs.

A huge smile drew itself upon my face, the eagle reached its destination... The nameless clan...

"Nix I'm worried about this war, I feel like we are greatly underestimating them." I told the elf with which I was walking next to and chatting.

"I share you dread my friend... Have you heard of the nameless clan?" She asked and I shook my head. "Then follow me." She leads me to a cage covered in a thick white cloth and she threw it off to reveal the black eagle with red eyes.

"Oh my god." I whispered.

"This is a messenger of death or more like as they are referred to as, these eagles were here when we elves came to be and the all mother created the guides... A portion of people refused to heed their knowledge and continued to follow the teachings of the animals and plants, the all mother didn't see to it kindly and cursed all those going against the guides to lose who they are and whoever said their name to be struck with misfortune before an untimely death, nothing could escape the curse, soon they all vanished, hidden in the mountains, only these eagles left but the curse still lives on today."