-124-

Amata's pov:

"Why did you lie?"

The words hung in the hot air as I stopped scratching Viridi's chin and turned my eyes to Timor without turning my head with them.

He was unsettled by my question.

"I didn't lie."

"No you did, no one can tell but I. You don't remember who did this to you? Then why is the word itself, the 'no', why does it ring out wrong?"

"I do not remember."

"Look Timor you have two choices here." I said looking at him fully.
Viridi arching up his body so his chest was puffed out with his eyes piercing into the kid's own ones, as if he had sensed what I wanted, must  the bond between him and I? He was ready for my orders while Frigus was just too young for it.

"B-but I didn't lie." He was shaking in fear, even if Viridi was small compared to adult dragons you could see the powerful muscles under the scales, his soft features also turned sharp and defined unlike when he first was born.

" He was shaking in fear, even if Viridi was small compared to adult dragons you could see the powerful muscles under the scales, his soft features also turned sharp and defined unlike when he first was born

"And you keep lying." I trailed my pointer finger down Viridi's back spikes, each time lingering a bit before my finger fell on the lower spike, my eyes following my fingers movements before my golden ones met his own. "Two choices Timor, speak up or leave. I will not endanger my friends even if I fought for your freedom, I am in no way responsible for you now that you aren't chained."

He was truly terrified.

"I-I am not lying!"

"You gave me no choice." I closed my eyes, I only did this once and didn't want to again but he gives me no choice. "Timor."

He flinched at my voice.

"I-I am not..."

"I cruse the lies from your mouth to become truths for as long as I shall not know all of the truth." I said with narrowed eyes and my body felt heavier, weaker, like after a long training session that took a lot out of me. "Timor who did this to you? Why were you here?"

"I do not know the culprit of my kidnapping and dumping in demonic lands but they did it because of my fathers death and me being his son." He said, seeming scared that he was telling me this.

"Why?"

"My father was a strong and powerful man with a strong head, whoever wanted his place needed to get rid of me."

"You were eliminated so that you couldn't claim his title right?"

"Right."

"Do you know what danger this could bring to us?"

"I don't."

"If you were to return would it cause trouble?"

"Probably a lot."

"Can you do it alone?"

"No, I am too weak."

"You need us."

"Yes."

"And you hoped we'd help?"

"No, because I am scared and do not want to face the reason for my suffering."

"But without the person in your father's place you'd be safe?"

"Most likely."

"And we'd also be safe?"

"Safer than if the person remained in his place instead of me."

"I heard enough." I felt my strength come back to me as this wasn't a forever curse like the one on the vampire queen so I recuperated the power I used to make him spit the truth.

Viridi relaxed and padded over to the tumbleweed Frigus left behind and pawed at it, making Frigus hop up and speed over to him to play as I stood up.

I heard shuffling and saw from the corner of my eyes the child back up on his ass away from me before I gaze froze him in position.

"We will help you get your dad's rightful title he would have passed down to you and since it would make it safer for us it is more motivation to help you." I sighed as he was terrified, I crouched in front of him and leaned forth enough so one of my hands was resting on the ground to keep me from falling over while the other held on my knee as I was face to face with him. "Timor, lying isn't worth shit with me. Got it?"

He nodded frantically, knocking his head against mine but he was the only one of the two to flinch from the pain.

"I want to protect you, you are young, a child, but I promise you that lying will not help. I won't hurt you nor threaten you with pain, heck I will throw myself in your place to keep you safe but learn that you cannot expect me to be tricked by you."

I stood up and turned away from him

"Trust is built on two things, truthfulness and knowing each other. I don't know you nor your story so all we have to go off of is your truthfulness got it?" I didn't need to face him to know he nodded and calmed down, despite threats as undertone in my words he could trust those I said about keeping him safe since, after all, I was truthful.