-87-

(don't start the song right away)

Amata's pov:

The two dragons were asleep on my bed, the smallest hugging the fire crystal and the bigger rolled up against and around the small one and the crystal, I brought a smile to my face as I stood on the balcony of my room. I was leaning against the raising and staring out at the forest below and the starry sky above, the moon shinning bright over the silent world in deep slumber.

I looked up at the moon with a smile, earlier today I had payed visit to Invisus and she was all pissy about me having met my mother and her being tagged along as in fact she was in my mind, she still hated her to no ends but I could also tell she was shaken up a bit by the meeting, I do happen to sometimes forget she was a mother herself before before mine cursed her and she killed her family before ending herself, so I guess our interaction somewhat melted her stone cold heart a little.

"You are beautiful tonight." I whispered, sitting up on the railing and hanging my legs over the nothingness under me, talking to the moon, after all, for us wolves, she was the moon goddess.

I closed my eyes with a smile as I felt her hand brush against my cheek, I can't believe how I first refused to acknowledged as my mother and now actively talk with her despite the limited answers I can get from her, I did have the chance of seeing her once, the image burnt in my memory, even if I were to forget everything, this memory would be the last one to leave me.

"I know I can't hear you right now... But is there a way of somehow... You know... Hear you without needing to meditate days?" No answer, just as I thought...

Then a thought popped in my mind, an old song that I couldn't understand but somehow knew what it would mean in this language I speak, I closed my eyes, softly humming before actually saying it out loud, barely a whisper.

(staaaaart music)

Lay down your head and I'll sing you a lullaby.
Back to the years of loo-li lai-lay.
And I'll sing you to sleep and I'll sing you tomorrow.
Bless you with love for the road that you go.

May you sail far to the far fields of fortune.
With diamonds and pearls at your head and your feet.
And may you need never to banish misfortune.
May you find kindness in all that you meet.

May there always be people to watch over you.
To guide you each step of the way.
To guard you and keep you safe from all harm.
Loo-li, loo-li, lai-lay.

May you bring love and may you bring happiness.
Be loved in return to the end of your days.
Now fall off to sleep, I'm not meaning to keep you.
I'll just sit for a while and sing loo-li, lai-lay.

May there always be people to watch over you.
To guide you each step of the way.
To guard you and keep you safe from all harm.
Loo-li, loo-li, lai-lay, loo-li, loo-li, lai-lay.

Loo-li, loo-li, loo-li, lai-lay.
Loo-li, loo-li, loo-li lai-lay.

Loo-li, loo-li, loo-li lai-lay .

(I changed the word 'angles' to 'people' since angels are real in this story and they wouldn't watch over people)

"So now you can set thoughts in my mind too?" I whispered while wiping away a few tears that left my eyes. "You are so close yet so far from me... I wish I could see you and be with you without it meaning that pond, days of meditation or death... I want my parents..." I said softly, deep inside I was still hurt and will still be hurt by my father's death but now I can add to it the fact that I may not see my mother again or hear her.
I turned around when I heard a soft knock on my room's door... Weird I thought everyone would be sleeping by now, it must be past or near midnight though I can't be sure about that, maybe it is not even that late and I'm just skipping forth in time in my head.

I turned around and put my feet against the balcony and got off the railing, glancing one last time at the moon and reaching my hand towards it for a few seconds before closing my fist and pulling my arm against my chest, staring for a few more seconds with the slightest of smiles before closing my eyes and sighing, arm falling to my side and heading to the door as I glanced at the sleeping dragons, the crystal casting a slight red glow to the room despite it being the strongest fire crystal in all the worlds.

I opened the door curiously and smiled when I saw Custos, nose deep in her book given to her by the elves, I still had no idea what it was about because she wouldn't let me see and I didn't wish to force her to show me, I'd feel guilty if I did.

She looked up and our gazes met, she looked a bit surprised as I did quietly open the door, I always found her blue eyes pretty, like the sky on a clear cloudless summer day, even her blond hair was prettier than all other blonds I've seen around, Aura being the other with blond hair in our group, she was pretty too since all elves are but a different sort of pretty then Custos here. 
A bit earlier I had time to think about the small realization of my different reaction towards the two and actually traced it back a while, noticing things in my memories that seemed like nothing at the time but explained everything right now... I'm sure most of you know what I'm speaking about.

"Yes?" I asked.

"I... I couldn't sleep, I don't know why and well I heard you singing despite you whispering it mostly, my window was open and since my room is right next to yours I'd thought I could come by since you don't seem to be asleep either."

"Yeah I'm awake and I couldn't sleep either, my mind filled with thoughts on my past, present and future in this world."

"I get you, I was thinking of all that I've missed and gained by being a guard, what I would not go back in time to change and what I would... If I could... Do you think you'd like to walk with me?"

"Gladly, walking might help with this." I closed the door behind me, it the dragons needed me they could track me but I'm sure they'd sleep deeply until morning. "Let's go shall we?"

"We shall."