-117-

Deus' pov:

Well this is awkward to say the least.

We were here at the forced feast in Amata's honor and all was so cold despite how warm the demon lands are, all so precise and elegant with no place for errors and silent above all. 

I was slightly relieved that when we had gotten back to give the news to this dinner to our friends that Aura hadn't chucked the ring away like I feared she would tho it was in her pocket not being worn as I would have liked her to do but I can't complain much can I?

We were seat as such.

The queen: Regina from the house of flame and third of her name.
me                 -            Amata
Aura                  -               Custos
Fortis               -                   Dea

And the dragons of course with Amata but this seating disposition left Aura a nervous mess.

"All your stories are interesting but few are those I know the names off." I shivered and the coldness in the depths of the queen's voice, the coldness any ruler had... Even the leader in my home mountain... No don't think of that now focus.

"Well my queen you know my name, Deus and Dea's over there so over there is Aura, that is Fortis and she is Custos."

"An interesting bunch, three wolf and cat people, two demons and..." "An elf." Aura said quietly while looking down when the queen addressed her and had a small moment of hesitation.

I laid a hand on her thigh gently to somewhat reassure her maybe because the loss of her pointed ears was still new and despite me reassuring her she was not less of an elf without them other that didn't know what she was couldn't tell she was one.

She laid her hand over mine with a small broken smile which hurt my very soul and I just wanted to hug her but didn't wish to bring more attention on her.

Amata's pov:

I felt nervous as the queen like questioned me about my doings in the world, wanting to know the details.

By now I was sure the news of me and my friends had spread so no use of hiding my face anymore since all demons would recognize me from far away which can be a blessing and a curse at the same time.

Custos' pov:

Ignoreignoreignoreignoreignoreignoreignore!!!!

That's how I made it through the dinner.

"I want to leave."

"We can't Custos, if we refuse this the queen will be angry and we can't have that."

"But I don't want to sleep in this castle, so creepy."

"Come on, we had worse."

"Worse!" chirped Viridi in agreement but we couldn't tell with who he was agreeing, with me because this was worse or Amata because we had worse.

"Amata..."

"Just long enough for a letter to arrive to the angel kingdom to see if they can agree to peace, if they do we can leave to the dwarfs right away."

"You know that won't happen right?" I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Nothing is impossible."

"What if something happens?"

"Nothing will goddess Custos please, there is less danger here than outside."

"Dammit fine but if something happens here you can't say I didn't warn you."

"Nothing will happen we are just guests and will stay here doing nothing special until the letter comes back."

"Let's see than."

"Sure."

"Sure!"