-90-

Amata's pov:

I yawned with a soft smile and passed my head on my face. We've left the temple three days ago and still we were far from the demons' land, minimum the same amount of time if not longer.

The forest had thinned out now and we were mostly walking through what were plains with some trees here and there, this letting me see the outlines of a town in the distance with my elvish power, it was at least half a day away but the terrain was so flat that I could see until there with my powers, I did envy aura for seeing like that all the time, all seemed so dull for a bit of time after I stopped using that power.

"There is a town up ahead of us... Hey guys? I know we already took a break but it was because of a war... What would you say if we did stop for the simple reason to truly relax? It is starting to weigh a bit, we did make a little pause a few days ago but you get what I mean." I said while turning my head to look at my friends. Custos walked not far behind me with Fortis and Aura behind her, they all looked a bit off, Custos seemed aggravated by the constant moving and being on the road, Aura looked a mix of bored and unease since she knew not much of the places we were at, Fortis looked mentally tired... Despite all the small breaks we took we could all use a much longer one for once.

"I'm not against the proposition here." Fortis voice his thoughts with a sigh, not even insulting me showing how out of it he was, I just wanted time to let all the stress out, I won't list everything because honestly you heard it enough of time.

One things that is stressing me that I can tell you is I asked for my mother to make my loved one remain the same by my side as long as I live, yeah that meant that since I'll live longer then elves which is already eternity for them, that would mean Custos here would live that long too... One problem though... If I die now, she will too since the favor was the she'd live as long as I, if I die on this quest she'll to and that's another burden I gotta carry with me, another additional reason to live... Don't get me wrong I do wanna live but knowing the world might die if you die is a bit of a heavy weight no? I need to tell her but I'll wait for the right time I guess.

"I'd agree with both; we need to do some research on demons before setting foot on their lands if do not wish to end up slaves to their queen." Hmmm... Why does everything always come back to being similar to the land of fire? Are all queens destined to be like that? Did I doom Harmonia? Oh mother dearest why? Hmmm? No answer? Okay...

"Sure, let's do that." Custos shrugged, not really the one to go against the choices made.

"Alright so we are stooping at the inn and stay as long as we see fit alright? Aura is this still a vampire town or a mixt town?" I mean the closer the towns got to the none traced out borders of the other lands the two races started to share the towns despite the wars.

"I'd say it's more vampire but there is a chance of seeing a few demons." I nodded, I was slightly worried we'd stick out like a sore thumb between the vampires by looking like the demons we are not... Well I am somewhat demon but not the three others. I wonder how and what power will I get from demons since their race is so waste in it's different forms, I already can't be burned so what else could add on that. I sighed and stopped walking.

"I have an enchantment on me letting me shift and my items will not be destroyed, I think the mage say they vanish to in between worlds but yeah so I propose this plan, I'm a big wolf so I think I can carry you three on my back and run if you hold on good, making it to the town in half the time."

"I don't know we might be heavy."

"Don't worry Custos it will be fine." I smiled and let myself change, it was such a long time since I did but I could tell I was bigger.

" I smiled and let myself change, it was such a long time since I did but I could tell I was bigger

(just as a reminder for the wolf and the claw marks on the muzzle)

Fur still blacker then the blackest black with only a red glow illuminating my outlines at times, the red markings of course on my face I just knew, it was a shame the fur was missing from the parts where I got clawed at in the face... Though now I had small red glowing balls around me, I somehow exactly knew how to control them and how to make them vanish if I wished. Fortis looked the most shocked since he was the one never seeing me as a wolf, Custos had when I fought the king and Aura when I ran around the elvish forest, I stuck my tongue out with a smug look.

 Fortis looked the most shocked since he was the one never seeing me as a wolf, Custos had when I fought the king and Aura when I ran around the elvish forest, I stuck my tongue out with a smug look

"These are like the blue balls (don't laugh) back then." Aura pointed out with a sigh as Fortis touched them and got burned and yet was completely fine just like in the temple. "Fascinating, it is from there?" I nodded, mother's gift.

"So pretty." I made one of them make a quick spin around Custos as she said that. okay I regret shifting for one reason because the dragons were so shocked they fled from me and threw themselves at Custos so hard she fell over as they sat in the same way they usually do on me. "Jeez." She sighs as Aura helps her back while trying to not laugh at this, I padded over and gently rubbed my head in her chest before licking her cheek as she hugged me and passed her hands in my fur, the dragons terrified in such a way it looks comical but they calmed down.

I purred softly before finally backing away and laying down, she wiped away the slobber on her face and hoped on, gently grabbing my fur with one hand, playing with the fur with the other, Aura was next and I was surprised she was around Custos' weight but honestly I should have expected it, elves are light, Fortis was a bit of a beefier man so he was a bit heavier with all the muscle and such he had... Plus, all they carried on them.

I slowly got up and started walking, slowly picking up speed so no one fell before I was soon running through the plains, they were heavier than expected but that will not change much as I didn't slow, heading right for the town I had seen.