-92-

Amata's pov:

I was a bit lost in thoughts.

I thought a bit and remembered my mother did tell me I could talk to her again unlike what I thought for a while after it escaped my mind. It would be hard to meditate enough to reach her plus it would take a long time and even now that we aren't running around it would take a few days so I just wasn't ready to lose that much time. Above all how much harder would it be without the ponds help to only hear her and speak for a little while as long as I stay concentrated.

As decided Custos and I went to look around the town for fun and to get to know the town a bit better. there was no lamps or lanterns around, the crystals built right into the building side casting their glow in the streets, there wasn't even a design just randomly suck around but it was still pretty to look at. We were both amazed at the diversity of demons, yeah most had the basic body we did when not in a wolf form but what for others would have been a simple dog lit on fire was a fire hound demon for them, part of their race despite them not looking like they should be.

"Look at that." Custos whispered, hands intertwined as she pointed up at the sky, a demon with a basic body had big dragon wings growing from his back with black scales covering his arms, four eyes that were pure red and I think feathers instead of hair, he was flying around in the sky.

"Look at that one." I whispered since it was still rude to point out people, it also had somewhat basic body but made up of smoldering embers and coal with fire visible, it's arms were longer than normal and it was walking upright but on all fours leaving a trail of floating cinders and smudges of ash on the ground, only having a mouth with no face... If I didn't know better I'd have said some elf cast a spell on a camp fire to make it live. 
A little smoke like demon ran past us, it's whole body made up of darkness and smoke only it's eyes were sharp white shapes that didn't leave a white smoke trail.

"I don't think I'd be able to get used to living here." Custos said making me chuckle.

"Yeah if you have not grown up so many different things that make up the demon race will shock you."

"At least you can fit in more than any of us."

"Just because I have red hair, golden eyes with slits and these red marks on my face it doesn't make me a demon."

"It helps with the image and you have your powers if needed."

"Yeah I guess... I wonder what powers this place might grant me."

"I can't even help the slightest bit with all the different sorts of demons around."

"True but one common thing I've seen is flames but I'm already unaffected by flames."

"Isn't that your power then?"

"No Invisus is still bound by the demon's chain, it does look far rustier then the others but still holding strong, I guess this is partially it already but not it that's why it is still there but rusty."

"Probable."

I liked watching the different creatures and the crystals but I was weirded out by the number of inns around they dubbed 'sex clubs' with huge letter on the buildings with bands playing music loud enough to hear it outside on the streets with alcohol smell floating near the entrances that had no doors, giving you a clear view of demons sensually moving to entice others... It was weird.

That's not the worst though since it was contained in a building and I could simply look away. no the worst were the multiple people fucking each other right out in the streets, in an ally, against the wall, behind boxes, everywhere... But I guess they are demons, their sin is lust and unlike elves who see their guides sin as the curse it was the demons loved theirs, literally.
My face had turned red a few times when I had a good look at something accidentally, these demons have no shame, I don't really have that much either but Jesus having sex in public is only acceptable for demons and seen as normal, a couple even tried to invite me and Custos to join them as it seemed fun to them to do it at four. We finally found a normal looking inn, I spent some times making extra sure it was normal since we only wanted a drink nothing more.

"Jesus." Custos whispered as we sat at the bar, I was happy only one fucking couple was in here and the rest just loudly partying and drinking.

"I don't think even I'd get used to this place on second thoughts." I told her and she nodded. "Barman, a beer for my friend and I." I called over the loud music.

"Hey have we well asked each other out? I mean it's clear for our group and I care not for outsiders to it but we never did make it official."

"True... Well fuck it, yeah? What happened happened and yeah well then will you be mine?"

"Of course if you'll be mine?"

"What question is that? Of course I will as long as we end up living I will never leave."

"Fuck I suck at this relationship stuff how do I respond to that?!" I laughed and kissed her cheek as we got our drinks. It was all good until some shit I didn't expect to happen happened when I left for a second to take care of my business.

"What the fuck?!"