-10-

Amata's POV:

I awoke on the shaking cart after it rode over a big bump. I sighed and stretched as I sat up.

I've traveled with this man for two days, and he made me pay by working, sitting there, and steering his horse while he laid back to sleep... At least it wasn't money, so that's good since I'm only losing money, not gaining it, and I need money for food and other stuff.

I looked up to see we were approaching the town. (Imagine much more greenery and trees around and in the town... and that last 'big' building to the far left, not the one on the hill but at the bottom, is where the king lives, okay? good)

 and that last 'big' building to the far left, not the one on the hill but at the bottom, is where the king lives, okay? good)

We went through the enormous gates of the town, and I gulped. I will soon get to where I wish to be. 

I bid goodbye to the merchant and thanked him for the trip before I walked off.

---------------------------------------

A little girl and boy were running around, the boy chasing the girl and she ran around between the people before running straight into my leg and falling on her butt.

"Let me help you." I kneed down, stood her back up and dusted her off before standing again.

"Thanks miss!... Wow you have pretty eyes!" Oh yeah from her level she could see up my hood, I should be careful.

I smiled softly at the kids.

"Thank you, I'm new here, can you tell me where is the king's place?"

"Why do you wanna go there miss?" The little boy asked.

"Because... I'm on a very secret mission and need to give him a very secret gift." That gift being death.

"Really?!" The kids looked in awe, if only they knew.

"Really, here." I pulled out two golden coins and gave them each one, they looked over the moon. "It's a gift because we are partners right?"

"Yes!" They said happily.

"Now I need to go bring the king his own gift but I don't know where he lives, they forgot to tell me."

"You continue straight and turn left at the bakery!"

"Thank you".

"Your welcome miss." I watched them skip away happily before I took the way to the building, a manor maybe because a castle is normally big and I can't see one.

I turned the corner of at the bakery and I was right, it was a manor surrounded by a tall wooden wall and guards.

I stared a bit before I turned around hearing commotion.

I saw wolves with chest plates and daggers looking a bit longer then normal, maybe short short-swords.

I was about to walk away, planning to sneak in at night when I felt someone grab my wrist before a dagger was placed under my neck, where did they come from so fast?!

"Don't move vampire."

"Wha--" "Shut up or you loose your head." He didn't let me talk.

I looked around my eyes falling on the happy ones of the merchant that brought me here as people muttered and backed away, he must have seen my hair somehow... Oh no... He must have looked under my hood while I slept! That's why I didn't need to pay any money and just help him steer the horses, he knew he'd get more for getting the guards sent on me... That little asshole!

"Listen I'm no--" I cut myself off when I felt the blade cut the skin on my neck.

"Shut up vampire!... Take her stuff and I'll bring her to the cells, the king will see her tomorrow for the death sentence."

I soon got all my stuff taken, everything other then my shorts and T-shirt even my gloves and cape! My cape was taken so they could parade me to the cells underneath the manor like 'look we caught a vampire oh yeah' shut up I'm a wolf.

I was shoved in a cell and the door closed, I touched the bars but they hurt my hands, it felt like what others described as burning as it felt just like my half and half form but worst, I touched the door, same thing happened... They are laced with silver... That's why they wore gloves and took away mine.

For once I would have liked Invisus to poke her nose in what didn't concern her and help me but I still didn't hear from her... She must be trying to remember her past is stuck in memories or something I don't know about.

I sat down on the floor with my back against the wall, this cell was small... Really small, not even a stone bed, nothing, just to keep people in here for a day or two but I wasn't sad or anything, I was... Happy... Being in front of the king was what I was looking for, I would be confronted by the king... But he will be the one to perish...