-85-

Amata's pov:

I was sitting on the ground a meter away from the pond, staring in the cloudy crystal, eyes never leaving it as I ran my hand over Viridi's back as it laid in my lap, spikes starting to grow now and it was a bit bigger then it was first out of the egg.

"This is the companion you made for me... Yet I don't know how to get through the crystal." I whispered, knowing my mother would hear me.
Ever since I met her I was a lot happier, like I know I had a parent alive that was a goddess but seeing her anchored that knowledge in me and I was now 100% it was the case... It also answered my question to why does everyone fall in love with me or at least finds me attractive... I am the daughter of the most perfect being ever so I must carry on a bit of her 'perfectness', not her level but enough to have the problem I have.

I felt the now usual cold bodiless touch on my arm as it lifted it towards the crystal and felt her palm against mine before the feeling left and I let my arm lower.

"So I have to touch it." I muttered, setting Viridi down with my bag and hiking up my pants, leather dries slowly and I don't wanna deal with that right now.

"Stay, I don't wish for you to be burned." I told it, scratching under its chin and it purred, I smiled softly and turned to the glowing ball surrounded pool.

"What are you doing?" I looked back to see Aura leaning against a pillar with her arms crossed and an eyebrow raised.

"My intended companion is resting in this crystal, I know how to free it and I might have an idea what it is... Don't worry I don't risk being half dead this time." I smiled at her as she walked over... I noticed something... Oh my goddess I-- No think about this later not now. I shook my head a little and I looked at her normally.

"I'll be here just in case, we never know with these godly things, they are unpredictable."

"I'm a godly thing."

"I know I was talking about you not the pond."

"Hey!" I hit her shoulder as I laughed, making her grin. "That was mean."

"I know I know, just get whatever you plan on doing done, we are wait for the evening meal."

"Right." I turned to the pond and walked in since I couldn't reach without getting in.

I stared at the crystal now that I was just in front of it, running a finger along its surface, a medium sized crack appeared on the surface of it, a bluish white glow seeping out from the break. I took a deep breath, somehow already knowing what my companion was, laying my hand flat against the crystal, the crystal immediately having cracks spread through it in a second before shattering and sending a tone of shards in the opposite direction of me.

The crystal was cold so it was a big chuck of ice crystal, like those small ones used by the elves when my eyes got hurt by using my powers for the first time. When the wind created by the explosion died down I crouched down a little, careful with not getting my clothes wet as I reached out to the creature resting in the crystal as if it was its egg.

"Hey there little one." I said softly as I ran a hand of the creatures smooth and cold head as it eyed me with big eyes... I had guessed right... It was another dragon.

 It was another dragon

"You are so small." I said with a smile, Viridi was the length of my forearm without counting the tail, if you do it is my whole arm's length... This dragon was only my forearm with the tail counted in, half of it if not counted.

"Oh wow." Aura whispered when I scooped up the dragon in my arms and came out of the pond. "It looks completely made out of ice."

"It does but I do think not all its body it ice, it isn't nearly as cold as ice." I set it on the ground and my heart melted to a puddle as it waddled over to Viridi in a curious manner. "Oh my mother that waddle." I said in a really high voice, dying of cuteness as Aura started laughing at my voice but I just watched the dragons examining each other, neither of them having seen someone of their kin. "Anyway." I cleared my throat and walked over to pick up my bag and put it on. "Let's go eat, we have someone new for our friends to meet." I said and held out my arm towards Viridi, it instantly climbed up and rolled around my neck, I kneed down to roll down my hiked up pants and held out my hand to the small dragon, it didn't have scales as per say, they looked more like ice pieces stacked up, some were cold and probably ice but not all.

I was dying of cuteness as it waddles over and put its small head in my hand, I scooped it up in my arms and walked over to the broken pieces of the ice crystal, I knew I didn't need to go to a special world to get the needed ice crystal piece like I did for my fire crystal, this crystal right here was made by my mother so it is the purest around so I just needed to find a piece the size of my fire crystal... I just knew this dragon would need cold at some time, yes my memories of the dragon tell me even an ice dragon need the fire crystal but I will not take risks and have some ice crystal with me.

I finally picked up one piece that fit my criteria well and had Aura wrap it up in the same cloth the fire crystal was in before putting it back in my bag.

"How should I name you... Oh I know... Frigus, it means cold." I told the little dragon, it was just so small, it climbed up my arm and sat on my shoulder... Well more like made itself a place between Viridi's body and my neck so its cool body was pressed right against the side of my neck, it made me smile.

"Come on let's go eat." I told Aura, walking away, the thoughts I had before filling my mind... I did blush when I saw Custos' new clothing but I did when I was alone with Aura right now... Oh...