-62-

Amata's pov:

The road towards the land of the vampires was long and my mind was swimming with thoughts for a long while before I decided to voice them.

"Guys might I ask something of you?" I looked over my shoulder.

"What is it?" Fortis answered for them all.

"I ask you to stay outside of the vampire's mind land, staying at the first village we might find, now before you start arguing I have reasons of asking you this. You all know of my heritage making my smell to the vampires a confused mix while they could tell you are an elf and even tell the difference between you who is a cat and you who is a wolf. I might not even have a smell for them despite their higher smelling abilities, I can blend in with my red hair and fangs so less suspicion will be turned to me and I fear the vampire queen might not take to kindly to peace and will force me to call upon the two lands I have as allies in a final war against vampires, I would need people already outside the kingdom to ally any possible vampires that might wish for peace... I have more reasons but these are the most important ones." They stared in silence, thinking but they nodded one after the other.

"I will always do as you wish." Custos smiled at me while Aura sent her a small glare.

"Oh course I will do as you wish as I believe in you." This time Custos glared.

"Fortis?"

"You might be an ass and we might fight but I am able to see reason behind our words so I shall listen to what you have to say."

"Thanks, all of you."

----------------------------------

We walked until night fall and deep in the night, holding the crystal for light and the egg so it remained in its warmth. I smiled softly as it seemed a bit bigger than before, I only noticed because I couldn't hold it with my hands in the same way as before.

"Everyone look over there." I looked to the side where Aura pointed before noticing an old little cabin with light coming through the window. "We are on a sort of old no man's land between vampires and elf land so we shouldn't be in danger."

"You think they'd accept to house us for a night?"

"Well I hope but we need to try to know and if no we are sleeping outside."

We walked off the dirt road and up to the house and I hesitantly knocked. It took a few seconds for an old lady and possibly her husband to open to door, the warmth of the fire inside instantly flowing out of the house, the lady was clearly a vampire while the man looked a bit younger but he looked half elf and vampire, the elf hybrid could actually somehow magically decide to choose a mortal or immortal life, I could see which he chose here.

I bowed a little in respect before speaking.

"I humbly apologize to disturb at such late hours of the day but my companions an I would dare to ask you for a place to stay for tonight."

"Oh my dear no need for such formalities, we gladly open our humble little house to travelers as yourself, step in step in." 

After a little while of explain in big lines to the elderly couple why we were travelling they offered us what was left of their dinner. I told them numerous times to stop apologizing for only being able to offer us blankets to sleep on the ground, it was more then what we had asked from them.

Well... I wasn't really sleeping, I sat outside with my back against the wall and egg and crystal in my arms, head leaned against it. I had my eyes trained on the ground before I heard something and looked around before looking at the egg, wait did it make this?

I softly whistled to it and just sat there before I got a really soft whistle back making my heart skip a beat as I did it again and I heard another little answer. I brought up my knees and hugged the egg more with a warm smile, laying my ear against it and hearing a soft little heartbeat, it made me feel all bubbly and warm inside.

"Shouldn't you be asleep dear?" I looked up at the elderly woman as she stood by the now open door before sitting on the small wooden bench I was sitting next to. "All of your friends have falling in deep slumber already."

"I know I should I just can't, I have to worry about things most my age would never need too and loads of other stuff I don't want to, so many questions wait for me to answer them but I don't know how."

"Just listen to your heart dear, your heart always knows the answer."

"But what if it's confused, having to choose between two equal things?"

"Nothing can ever truly be equal, you are still young but you will learn to tell equal things apart with age, now trust the heart." She stood up.

"But my heart can't choose, it doesn't see the difference."

"It does, you are just blind to it. Think of sleeping, I feel like you have a long road before you tomorrow." She closed the door behind her leaving me alone as I stared up at the star light night sky. I sighed softly, why is it so hard? I wish my heart could just choose already.

I smiled at the sky, remembering how my father and I used to watch the stars all night sometimes.

"You see? That is the wolf constellation, you connect these dotes and these and you have a wolf." I told the egg and pointed at the sky with a smile, I know I was talking to an egg but it brought me joy, dad would always do this when I was little. "And that one is the archer's constellation, there you have a its bow and those stars make to archer, there above is the dragons constellation, it's made of these and those groups of stars so it's quite big, you will grow just as big and strong as the dragon up in the stars I promise, that one is the--" And I went on and on, talking to myself with a smile, talking as if I was showing all this to another being that had eyes to see what I did unlike the egg I held but I didn't care, I just went on, listing all I knew to the egg I had been chosen as the mother too.