-126-

Aura's pov:

I don't know what was the most stressful in this situation... Wanting to give the ring to Deus... Or the rest of our group stalking us...

I glared at them while glancing over my shoulder, they were huddled behind a house's corner with Dea on the bottom of the pile then Fortis on top, Custos and finally Amata with Timor, all of their heads peeking out from behind the wall clearly seen by me... And that was my problem right now, fuck my elf senses.

I wanted to scream at them to fuck off but send me to hell if I get Deus to realize this too or she'd tease me endlessly but my 'right hand men and women'.

Amata ave me a thumbs up and I wanted to chock her with my bear hands, fuck the prophecy!

"So have you found the others?" Deus said walking up to me, we were searching for my stalkers she couldn't find and I agreed to help without meaning it because I knew exactly where they were huddled together.

"No sorry, they must be butting their noses in something that doesn't concern them." I said, mostly to myself, as this was the truth. "Lets just forget them, you'll get the beer Fortis owes you later."

"I guess, that rat ran after he lost our deal."

"He is a cat, he catches rats."

"Don't become a smart mouth too." She said in dismay making smile at her.

"Come on lets go."

"Sure where we going?"

"Well I never got the chance to see much outside of elvish land. Just like everyone, the wars kept us from exploring the world, so I am having a blast learning about new stuff."

"Whatever you say elf-y."

--------------------------------------

I tried, I tried so hard ignoring my stalkers but I couldn't.

"--and this one is called a moon flower for the simple reason it blooms only on nights of the full moon... Aura you okay?" Deus asked after facing me, she was helpful enough to explain to me stuff, she surprisingly knew a lot about plants, I gotta ask about that... But first...

I grabbed her hand and took off sprinting.

-------------------------------------

"What the fuck was that?"

"There were... Children staring and it was annoying." I said, sure my friends couldn't catch up to where I had dragged her off to which was just somewhere else in this village.

"Children seriously?"

"Hey demon children are creepy." I lied, prefer this to dealing with explaining why our friends were on our asses for the whole time.

"Well I cannot deny that claim... Well we lost them now with your freaky speed no?"

"It is not freaky I am an elf don't forget..."

"I'd never don't go blaming your ears 'kay? I told you it didn't make you any less of an elf." I brought my hand up to my ear and looked away embarrassed that she read me so easily before letting my hand fall.

"It is not freaky."

"Okay okay it isn't damn girly you a tough case."

"You're a tough case."

"Damn you grew some balls while I wasn't looking?"

"I will dump you."

"I take that back."

"You better."

"..."

"..."

"...So."

"No I didn't goddess!"

She started laughing loudly, she did laugh but rare was it like this one, she was the serious type, not like 'Custos serious type' but still serious... More mature... Wait.

"How old are you?"

"Isn't it rude to ask a lady her age?"

"Deus you don't look much older then Dea and she look like 17 or something, most of the group are around 18."

"Wait Amata is 18? She makes older, heck they all make older." Her mouth hung open as she followed after me, having started just walking to not remain in one place.

"I don't actually know their age, we never discussed it or I simply can't remember but I know they are young adults fo' sure, I am the oldest at like 129 with almost 100 years of advance on them minimum."

"129..."

"What?"

"You make me feel young."

"Well you are anyway compared to me."

"By like exactly 100 years."

"I never thought of asking but you sure about this? Only Amata will live longer than elves with Custos I guess."

"Oh yeah I'll be fine as long as flames are around, that is what keeps me here, dump my corpse into a bonfire and I'll rise like a necromancer rises the dead."

"...Good... To know." I said a bit weirded out, not expecting her to announce. "Wait didn't you say once if you were to die you wanted to be burned."

"Normal fire can do that Aura, only magical can like turn back the clock on my life like lighting a fire with a fire crystal."

I scratched the side of my neck thinking before looking at my hand, it has been a while since my ears or missing finger didn't bother me, I forgot my lost finger not long after the injury happened and my arm healed but the ears came back to bother me at times... But with her it was easily to gloss over them.

"Can we not talk of death like I will need douse you in flames soon, I guess that's another reason you lived up on a volcano?"

"Easier to channel the magic in always heated environment." She said with a nod.

"You said you were a dragon type demon."

"Dragon type, phoenix dragon type, same difference."

"No."

"Doesn't matter."

"It do."

"Whateve'"

I shook my head with a smile, I guess I have nothing to fear and soon I'll give her what I have planned to give for oh so long.