-72-

Amata's pov:

The armies had quickly been given a place to stay by those in the village but most of them had pitched up tents like the huge one we are in right now. It had a big table in the middle with a map opened onto it. Looking around you would see Sartor, Nix, Aura, her father whom I don't know the name of, Primis, Viribus, Harmonia, Custos, Fortis and finally me.

"--and what about this, we concentrate our troops there?" Primis held a charcoal piece whit which he drew an arrow on the paper map, we were at this strategist discussion for hours now.

"Son of wolf I do not agree with such choice, the vampire troops know of those walls weaknesses so they would be prepared." Nix said, passing a hand over the arrow to wipe it away. "I'd say from this and this angle should smaller groups attack and the main army marches up this way."

"No that's too much in one place and they can concentrate their shots there." Custos objected.

"I agree." I said. "I'd say we spilt the main army in three sections so they cover more ground."

"But what about the walls when we get to them?" Asked the elvish king, all of us were getting irritated by this and it was visible from far away.

"My love those walls aren't like those we made, they war simple stone blocks piled up." Nix laid a hand on his shoulder.

"The were-creatures can climb them by jamming their claws in the holes between the stone, I'm sure they didn't go around to make the alignment precise." Harmonia chimed in.

"And remember the goal is the queen, she has lost her mind long ago and hates wolves so we can await her with the army up until the moment, if the moment comes, that we are winning and she will flee back to the castle, don't kill those that surrender, this is not a war for conquest but for the peace when the old rule is set back in place." I said.

"Then it's decided, now for whom will lead the armies?"

"Yeah that's right Harmonia... So half of the elves as decided will stay on the wall to rain arrows, Nix will you please stay back with your husband to strategies the shots?"

"It would be honor."

"Good... Viribus you take the far left group, Primis the far right, Harmonia and Fortis the left center groups, Custos and Aura the center right while I go with the middle one with Sartor."

"Alright people lets finish the preparations tomorrow as we are all tired." Nix said and we all easily agreed, leaving the tent one after the other.

I walked with Nix who asked me to follow her between the tents, watch men and women play dice, chat and laugh, using this time before the war to relax and hang out with friends as all knew it wouldn't last long and some might never come back home.

We arrived in a sort of center place where there were no tents but people were gathered around and boxes were piled to create a sort of makeshift stage with benched made of tree roots they used to sit down and wait for something, loads of people were here.

"Most requested for an explanation as to why there is war." She said, staring at the stage.

"I guess I should talk to them since they prepared this place." I whispered as I walked forwards, and pulled myself on the boxes, soon the chatter went away and an unnatural silence covered the whole place as everyone was now staring at me.

"Mother help me." I whispered to myself before sighing and looking at the sea of faces in front of me. "I am no motivational speaker and even less someone you'd normally see in power, I have no land, I have no reason to fight." I said in the silence. "And some of you might be thinking right now how I dared to called all of you up for a war... I was queen of you wolves for some time, I was a blessing and sadness for you elves some short time ago, both of you races have heard of me at least once... I don't have a choice, it's a destiny that has been written for me before I was born... I called you all here to a war after I promised no more to help me, the queen of the vampires is an insane and wicked monster, she will never agree to peace, she will attack until she gets what she wants..." I sighed, I'm really not cut out for this sorts of things but I still needed to do this.

"I called you here to help free another nation from the clutches of war, you all here must have a friend, a child, a mother, a spouse or even just a pet, you all have at least someone to go home to, those vampires that don't agree with the queen shake in terror in their houses, waiting for the dreadful day when she somehow hears of that and they lose all they care for, their families and all, I lost someone precious to me before the start of all this and I know some of you already did... We aren't fighting for conquest or fame, we are fighting offer others and us the peace, the chance for their children to grow up in a world where they might not lose their father or mother in the blink of an eye at the hands of another, we fight for a safe future, we fight for peace or whatever motivates you, just know if we are victorious here no death shall befall you at the hands of such horrid thing called war... I'm forcing no one to fight for me or this cause, you can leave if you wish, all of you can, but I will not, I'll fight until I can offer a safe future to all people I know and more, I will never stop fighting until my death... Don't fight for me but with me for a future all should have!" Yeah, I got carried off by my own sudden motivation and became really spiritual all of a sudden but it did what I wanted it to do, to get the crowd cheering, raising their weapons to the sky.