-61-

Amata's pov:

It was a hassle to wake up Fortis in the morning when we had to leave, heck he tried to buy one of the beds, ready to carry it with us, Aura and Custos for once worked together to solve this issue we had with our only male member of the group... But now I had another problem weighing on my shoulders. Luckily I was walking in front so the bickering girls behind me didn't see the blush on my face at the memories of yesterday night and today morning.

I yawned, it was late so I got up from my chair to leave.

"I'll go to bed I'm tired, I should sleep or I'll be dead tired in the morning." I told Aura, Custos and Fortis having left us a while back, I had been questioning her about elvish stuff and I answered questions on where I used to live.

"Yeah I guess I should too." She hummed, elves didn't technically need sleep, they could do a sort of deep meditation that replaces sleep from what she made me understand in her complicated stories.

"I assume you know where we are staying for the night? I mean the rooms since I don't really know."

"Yeah sure let me guide you there." She took my hand and pulled me away. "Here you go." She stopped in front of a door.

"Thank you." I said with a smile.

"Of course, good night love you." I froze at that and the kiss on my cheek.

"What?"

"Hmmm?"

"What you just said?"

"Good night?"

"After that."

"Oh... I let that slip... But I do love you, truly, I'd die for you if it came to it, one more reason why I came along, pffff haha ssh don't need to force an answer out I'll wait." She chuckled walking away as I stuttered in confusion with my face all red at this revelation.

I sat up in my bed and stretched, sighing as my back popped satisfyingly. I got all dressed and ready to go when there was a knock on my door.

"Come in." I shook my head make last night's memories leave my head.

"Are you alright? Yours face is red."

"I'm fine Custos but thanks for worrying." I said with a smile and chuckled. "And would you tell me why YOU have a red face?"

"Ah euh." This was the first time I saw her so disorganized and flustered, it was cute. "It's nothing."

"Alright, let's go get Aura and the annoying cat." I was about to walk passed her when she grabbed my arm.

"Can't we just leave her here?"

"Why do you hate her so much?"

"I... Do not hate her I just..." And she muttered the end so I didn't hear it.

"What did you say."

"I said I just don't want you to steal you away." She muttered really lowly so I barely heard her, I almost was about to use my new power to hear her.

"Steal me? I am not some valuable thing." I said with a laugh as I nervously looked at a book, reading something before sighing and putting it away.

"I-I mean from me... I can't bare seeing you two so close to each other it makes me mad... Look I care for you a lot and I won't let her have you." She didn't out right say she loved me like Aura did but I sure all hell knew that's what she meant.

"I-I..."

"I don't await an answer on the spot, I just wished to say this before I chickened out, I'll meet you outside." She let go of my arm and took my hand and kissed the back of it before leaving, I knew very well this action had the same meaning as behind the kiss on the cheek, Custos was just a bit more reserved and professional if I can say this.

Now you get why I am a blushing mess huh? the two acted like nothing happened when we left the inn and I was sure there were three reasons, one to keep it a secret from each other, a secret from Fortis and a secret from everyone else but now came my problem... How do I answer them? I mean I do realize I love things in both of them so I'm at a lost.

Custos was always here for me and despite being a bit cold at the start she cared in her own way.
Aura was nice and always friendly since the start.
Custos was a bit stoic but we were close.
Aura was all smiley and ready to help.
Custos helped me when others were too scared to and always stuck with me.
Aura taught me so much and helped me along.
Custos always had been pretty in my eyes.
Aura had the beauty of an elf.

I could go on but I don't wanna bore you. I was torn between the two so I also behaved like nothing happened between either of us, not wanting to make the atmosphere awkward as we are travelling together. I sighed softly, looking down at the egg in my arms and hugging it closer and putting my forehead against it, I like carrying it, I feel it's safer like this then in my bag.

"I don't know what to do, I'm lost." I whispered to the egg as if it could answer me before sighing and looking back up.

It's not fair, why must my heart play me like this? Why can't I get a clear answer? I looked up at the trees.

"Can't you help me?" I whispered but I got no confirmation from my mother that she could or couldn't help me, making me sigh yet again and look down, seems even a goddess has a hard time answer certain questions... I just hope I'll soon have the answer...