-42-

???'s pov:

Well if you want to know who I am as I promised last time here it is, I'm Aura, a young elf of only 129 years that self-exiled herself after an accident I refused to let go.

I was to watch over the children, not a lot or born since our lives don't have an end so we don't hurry to make kids and only do when we spent enough time with someone to know they are forever ours, so... I was watching and teaching them, it was the start of the war and vampire had somehow made their way to the clearing, I was alone since my friend had left for food, I couldn't keep them safe alone against around five, we had lost all four children before I had killed the vamps.
They said I wasn't to blame since I did what I could but I couldn't accept it, I packed up and left, never to return to the elven towns, living alone so no one else would suffer from my mistakes.

I have long blond hair that reaches my waist but since it's all braided it was just lower back, I wore a thin dark green tank top, black pants and some leather boots, there were times I didn't wear them, elves either wore them or not, I was one that swayed between the two, if I was to only walk around the forest I wouldn't wear them but to get food or run around I would, I had a small bag on my back, I didn't own much and what I did was inside it and could fit my boots, I had a bow and quiver too. Here despite being female you learn to fight like were-creatures and demons unlike with vampires, dwarfs or angels where it is rarer for woman to fight and our weapons were either thin long swords or bows, I had left my sword when I left, it had failed to save lives and I didn't want to wear it anymore, I took only my bow and a hunting dagger as weapons.

One of the reasons I'm saying all this because you might wanna know since I'm following this group of wolves hidden up in the trees... Well more like one cat and two wolves and one of them was strange because of what I said last time. I could easily move without a sound; my magic would help out if I couldn't.

As I said this redhead intrigued me to no end, now that the light of day was back I could see three red markings on each cheek, like whiskers, and a diagonal claw scar across her face because she wasn't wearing the hood of her short cape.

I cursed silently as I was distracted by her and put too much pressure on a smaller branch which broke off under my feet. I saw the blond pull out her dagger, the male just raises his arms and the redhead hook an arrow on the bow and pointing up a bit off from where I was.

"Who's there? I know someone is there!" I sighed, well great job you did Aura, great job.

"Impressive." I said and dropped from the tree, despite its height I landed with no damage... Damn I estimated wrongly, the male is the tallest and I'm half a head taller but that's an elf thing, the blond is a bit smaller and the redhead the same size as the blond, I thought they were all the same height from up there with the perspective... She looks... So young... "But your aim would have been a bit off, you weren't aiming at me."

"I can't miss right now."

"Wanna try?"

"No, waste of arrows." She unhooked the arrow and put them away as the other two didn't drop their guards for a little while. "Who are you?"

"I'm Aura, an elf as you can see, you?" I was like all people describe elves, perfect fair skin, bright green eyes, elegant... Despite not trying to be...

"It's Custos, previous guard of the wolf royalty." The blond girl said, that was quite a high ranking in the wolf kingdom.

"I'm Fortis and I will be the strongest cat around, stronger then wolves." Ambitious, it's nice to be I can tell he's working hard for that to happen.

"I'm Amata, previous queen of the wolves and well..." She didn't say more but I knew it's because she didn't exactly trust me but I'm fine with what I got.

"So you are one who ended the bloodthirsty Tyranus or whatever he was called if the tells of the people are true."

"Yeah."

"You seem really young tho."

"I'm 17 so yeah"... The oldest child I had under my watch was 19... I was to say something but stopped when I heard rustling of bushes and cursed in the old tongue, Latin, as I should have known other elves would learn about their presents.

"Don't move or we will shoot." I sighed, orange-ish brown, brown and blond elves, male and female, came out of hiding all arrows pointed at us.

"We don't mean harm." The redhead-- Amata said, raising her hands in the air. "We just need to talk to the ruler."

"Oh oh oh you will talk that's for sure." Well that was ominous.

"Arbor they will do as told jeez they don't seem all that bad." I said making the black haired elf who talked finally notice me, black hair was quite rare but not impossible to have, same with white hair.

"Aura?"

"Hey." I said quietly, he was my best friend before I left 50 years ago, my partner in crime, a brother from another mother... You get what I mean.

"You're with them?!" I shook my head.

"I just found them like you did, I had no plans on getting in this so guide them away, it was nice to see you after so long."

"Hep hep hep little lady you are coming with us too now that we finally found you too."

"You can't force me to come back!"

"Your mother's orders." I cursed yet again, this was not what I had planned to happen.