-69-

Amata's pov:

I'll only resume what happened as it would be too long okay?

I had blown the golden whistle and it took a while until an eagle flow into me and knocked me to the ground, he must have awaited a landing spot on my arm or something, I quickly wrote the message and sent him off again, war cannot be delayed anymore. We had made our way to the town and went to the inn where I gave rendezvous to my friends.

The leader of that strange group turned out to be the man that gave me these clothes and each all of us were interrogated about our doings. I was soon let free because of my friends had told them our plans.

I waited for Gloria and Ferox and walked with them towards the place we'll be staying at for now I told them the story I told numbers of times already but I also added to story of the life I lead before all this, talking about what I did with dad, what he taught me and all.

My heart was always heavy talking about him, he is my only parent I grew up with and despite having small interactions with the moon goddess I've never seen my mother's face, only dad had on the day he found me and Invisus when she was created to guide the wolf and cats, I wished I could assign a face to the word mother.
I knew that technically Gloria and Ferox counted as family but neither I nor she were really sure about this, only Ferox had no problems with such thing... It would take a while for us to accept the fact that is staring us in the face.

"Well my stop is here, room 11 so I guess 34 is further." I told them, my face was still caked with dried blood but no one really brought it up and I didn't care, I rubbed off some of it anyway and the left over were what was left, my eyes were stinging for a while now and I was sore, that's what I get for accidentally using two powers at the same time.

"Be careful, you know where to find us." Ferox waved as they walked away and I waved, watching them turn a corner in the underground base. I sighed a knocked on the door. I heard shuffling and then the door opened... I was almost killed in a death hug from Aura, red as the blood on my face she elves are tall and my face was right in her boobs right now.

"Oh my goddoess, I was so scared for you."

"Stop it or you'll kill her now." I was let free and took a deep breath before coughing, trying the shake the redness off my face.

"Goddess, I'm happy for once that you came along Fortis."

"You're an ass Amata."

"Haha though glad to see you, it was too linear without you." I was pulled in another hug and Aura didn't seem happy but I didn't care.

"Hey."

"Hello Custos."

-------------------------------------

For the next hour maybe I was telling them all that happened which ended with me shirtless laying on my stomach on a bed to let them look at the healing wounds.

"The whip marks healed up well but they will leave a mark." Aura said and I finally pulled my new black shirt on, still laying on my stomach with a sigh, it felt good to take these bandages off.

"I don't care about the marks, Aura have you seen my face? Haha that is what can be seen usually so why would the rest bother me?"

"I can't believe you wore these for the whole time." Fortis said, kicking my boots a bit.

"I tell you it was hell to get used too but I will stuff them in my bag, they could be useful when we'll need to maybe blend in with other races again." They weren't made of anything stiff other than the point and sole of it so it will be ease to put away.

"So war is really to come?" Custos asked making the atmosphere go cold as I sat up, Aura had given me a cloth to clean off the blood off my face... Oh and both girls were pissed at what was still visible of the bite mark on my neck, only being two small red dotes that will disappear soon.

"Yes, I had the eagle deliver the message to Aura's parents and asked them to transmit the message to Harmonia. It say at the next full moon they shall be here, there is a long stretch of land between this village and the actual capital with the castle so despite the queen probably seeing the army, we will be able to build defenses up, the town is surrounded in walls so we'll build some too, the only goal is that the queen and the government to get overthrown so the old democracy type of rules can be set back in place like these people here want it." We talked for a while and I ended up chatting with Custos. "No way."

"Yep."

"Damn how could I miss it?" I groaned in annoyance and huffed as I held the egg and crystal bundle against me. "I can't believe you got to hear its first chirp thingy."

"Well you heard the first whistle plus you did give it to me."

"Yeah true I still wish I could have heard it."

"You'll have plenty of more time to hear it, it hasn't made any more similar noises since." I sighed, I had almost flipped out hearing what happened to the egg, away from the needed warmth of the crystal, I shivered at the thought that I almost lost the hatchling to the cold of this place.

"I never did thank you."

"For what?"

"For the egg, here it had someone to look after it while with me it would have died..."

"Let's not think about that okay? The egg lived and you are back, the rest is the past." I said softly, eyes locked for a few second before I looked away towards the egg. "Have you thought of a name yet?"

"Well maybe... I don't know if it would like the name."

"What is it?"

"Viridi."

"You want to call it the Latin for green?"

"Okay don't mock me it's stupid."

"What? Wait I never said that, heck Amata that name has more sense than mine, my name means guardian or have you forgotten that? Naming the hatchling green isn't a thing to mock you for."

"Thanks."

"Of course."

"Now that I think of it, since it's the norm to have your name mean something in Latin I wonder how outlandish some names can get."

I spent the afternoon having fun, I had missed that in those cells, I really did but above all I missed having my friends around, I had never thought they were so important. They were always important to me but I never had thought it was this much, I can understand for the girls if it was because of my feelings for each but Fortis was included in this so I knew it wasn't the feeling only... Because honestly I don't think I'd ever fall for that guy... Anyway yeah... I missed them all.