-88-

Amata's pov:

I had my hands clasped behind my back, staring up at the softly glowing ice crystals incrusted in the ceiling, serving as decoration and lighting of the temple, forming figures that told of stories of old but trying to decipher them wasn't my current interest.

Custos was walking a little ahead of me, both of us in a comfortable silence as my eyes wandered around with a smile painted across my face, the temple looked so peaceful at this time, even more than in the day. we stopped walking when the hallway ended by a balcony with nowhere else to go, I just walked out on it, staring up at the now bit cloudy night sky, a few stars here and there with the crystal in the hallway casting a blue light on the balcony.

 we stopped walking when the hallway ended by a balcony with nowhere else to go, I just walked out on it, staring up at the now bit cloudy night sky, a few stars here and there with the crystal in the hallway casting a blue light on the balcony

(there is much less clouds then in the pic since I said the moon is visible)

"It is pretty isn't it?" I asked as I heard the soft steps walking up to me.

"It is rare that I take time to look at the stars, always concentrating on what is to come despite us having time to stop and take in their beauty." She said, leaning against the railing with her arms crossed.

"Sometime we just need to stop a little and put our worries aside, relax, calm our minds, not to rush forwards like an unstoppable flood." I sat up on the rail and leaned against the decorative post, while staring up at the moon, one leg bent up against me while the other hung off in the air, hand in my lap.

"I know it's just that until I joined on this adventure I thought being the royal guard was what was destined for me you know? To rush in with no care for my life and only purpose to keep the royalty safe and die for them to live if needed... Ever since I left I learned so much and see even more, things I've never encountered before... So I can't help but wonder what I lost by being a guard, what part of live would I never experience because of this... Though I'd never go back and not become a guard."

"I can understand you, I never thought my destiny was this, I never thought I was anything special until the day I lost everything and gained more, even after all we went through I wonder what would have happened if this destiny wasn't mine, what I would be doing now... But like you, despite all the hardships and pain, I wouldn't give it up, having seen so much, met so many different people, learned so many things... Sometimes there is just no way to choose between what seem like two evil if you get what I mean by that." I said, looking at her half way through talking, meeting her eyes.

I passed a gloveless hand in my red hair and held it lightly as wind picked up a bit after I sat up on the railing, it was night so I had detached my hair and undid the two braids in it so the wind could freely sway it where ever it wished for my hair to go, Custos had shorter hair so it was less of a problem for her but that didn't mean I would cut it any time soon like she had still in the vampire town after the war we lead.
I remember being so scared for everyone's safety but more then not I was scared for her, I thought until today it was because of that group just being at higher risk but now I knew it was not true, or at least it wasn't why I worried so much...

She looked back at the moon and sky but I kept my eyes on her, she was beautiful in this light, looking so peaceful I'd say, not always worrying about what might happen on our journey. I think I spaced out for a while but was brought back as I heard her voice.

"Today when you came into dinner you had a look on your face... Why?" She asked, tightening her hold slightly on her book before slipping it in her pocket as she turned around and leaned her back on the railing with her elbows on it as she looked at me. I know what she was talking about, no need to even think about it to have the answer.

"You were laughing... Fortis made you laugh, I don't remember ever achieving that and it is... Anyhow, only smiles but never a laugh." I smiled softly as I saw the slight red tint of her cheeks but said nothing since she didn't act on it, ignoring it was happening.

"So... You were..."

"Jealous? Envious? Discontent? Or disgruntled? Any of these words could fit what I felt then and yet I can't name it clearly either, such emotions are hard to name because they are easily over shadowed by other, much better, much stronger, feelings... Feelings I prefer to be honest."

"What sorts of feelings?"

"Like happiness." I put both legs on the same side of the railing. "Admiration." I stood up on the balcony. "Enthusiasm." I turned to her, her face redder then before. "Affection." I walked to her with a smile, she was never this shy, looking everywhere but my face as I stood in front of her, I hesitated for a single second as I held her chin gently between my thumb and pointer finger, turning her head to me, making her meet my eyes as I smiled. "And finally but not last... love." I didn't wait for any answers because my confidence would have fled and just pulled her forwards a bit as I kissed her.

All the people that said it was like fireworks going off in your stomach lied to you people... It's like a whole fucking battlefield down inside you!!! Like the vampire war, like those big chunks of fire crystals where all packed inside you and all exploded at the same fucking time. I simply just couldn't have kept my eyes open if I had even tried, my eyelids closing as I put my second hand on her cheek gently.

I'd have smiled as she hugged me if I wasn't too deeply lost in the kiss, I had no idea how I could have hesitated between her and Aura, both were pretty but Custos owned my heart since the start of it all, even way back in the manor of the wolves. in what must have been a long time but felt way too short, I pulled away to breath, blinking and staring at a red faced Custos, I'm sure I must have a deep blush on my cheeks too but I didn't care as I kissed her again when I caught my breath.