-9-

Amata's POV:

I woke up when the sun shined through the window and right on my fucking face. Why must even the sun hate me?!

I sigh and get out of bed, standing up and stretching, sighing again when I hear my back cracking, relieving some of the stiffness.

I put my cape back on. (For those that forgot.)

(With a hood

(With a hood.)

I open the chest and put all on, daggers secured to my belt, quiver over my bag, and pull the gloves more snugly over my hands since they slipped while I slept. I wasn't taking them off anymore like I did before. I needed to be able to use my bow any second... Who knows, maybe a wild wolf will be waiting around the corner to kill me.

Wild wolves are those that can't change in our furless two-legged form. It's said long ago, parts of the race refused to listen to the orders of their ruler and were cursed to be stuck in their four-legged wolf form until the end of times and longer, now seen as simple animals like the rest.

'Ah, fun times~.'

'Why did I just know you were going to say something and that you were the one cursing them?'

'Oh, I don't know~.'

'Oh jeez.'

I left my room and went down the stairs. The place was cleaned as if nothing of yesterday happened, even the chair I broke was replaced... I suppose they must be used to this every night and have a lot of spare stuff in a backroom somewhere.

I had already paid yesterday, so I left the inn without a goodbye.

I took a deep breath of the fresh morning air before sighing and making my way through the town. I asked people if they knew of someone who was going towards the capital of the were-creature kingdom, but most didn't.

I decided to go to the market to buy a few things. I had started to deplete what I had packed from home, so I bought some food to stock up again.

I even stopped at the library to quickly read through books to learn about the land, customs, and the current royalty.

A book caught my eye; it would have done nothing to help me, but I still took it from the shelf and blew the dust off it.

"Legends et fabulis?"

'It means legends and stories.'

'I know.'

'Then why the question?'

'Oh shut up.'

I still opened it and flipped through the pages, reading a little about dragons, the blood wolf, the eternal light, the seven first, the world serpent, the-- wait wind back... Seven first? Invisus didn't say she was one of the seven?

I started reading. I should get to know a bit about her if we are stuck together.

----------------------------------

Long ago the moon goddess saw it fit to create our world and people in it, though the people couldn't live long alone and with no guidance in this world, she decided to create seven pure and neutral being, one for each race to teach and guide them.

All seven had made a life-promise to stay true to the goddess's will as long as they lived.

Unfortunately, they all fell victim to sin one after the other, corrupting their pureness and the goddess didn't see this well, having broken their promises she cursed them to become the embodiment of their sin.

Greed - The dragon guide had stolen riches for his own sake, no one knows what the past motivation was, forgotten in time. he was sentenced to always want more and more, crushed under the weight of his gold in the end.

Gluttony - The vampire guide was to feed no more then he needed but he couldn't resist the calling of the red life giving liquid and killed one of his comrades in cold blood, the goddess punished him by having insatiable hungry, the hunger only getting worst and worst as he fed, later passing away, starved to death.

Lust - The demon guide was to show her people the right from the wrong but her eyes caught the ones of a man, she couldn't stop thinking about him, ignoring her duties to watch him, her punishment was never stopping lust for him and being unable to get close to the man whom would have helped her, she passed away in heart break after he married a woman close to the guide, her own apprentice.

Wrath - The werepeople guide was the teach her people to accept, understand and live in harmony with the people, she broke her promise by killing a man in anger and now other reason, her punishment was an uncontrollable anger, she ended up loosing her mind after she killed her own husband and three children in an excess of anger and slit her own throat later the same day.

Pride - The angel guide was to show his followers that having powers or not was not important, anyone was just as important as another, he failed at his duty when he started using his powers to belittle others, cursed with unending pride, his own people were his end, assassinated.

Sloth - The elf's guide was to teach how to care for the animals and nature, as time went on and she didn't age just like her brethren who also didn't, she became less caring, less loving, less active, sitting back and sleeping, her curse was eternal sleep from which she will never wake up from.

Envy - The dwarf guide was to teach the work of metal and the forge, soon the others learned but instead of being proud of his students he became envious of their crafts, always better, always more refined, he would destroy anything better then what he did, his punishment was never being able to craft anything good anymore and cursed to craft until he did, his end came when exhaustion struck and he never woke up again.

But even with those punishment the goddess couldn't repair the wrong they caused, their sins tainting their people up to this day and age.

--------------------------------------------

I closed the book and stared at the shelf in silence before carefully putting it back and leaving the building.

I had luck on my side and found a merchant that was going to the capital after a long search.

I couldn't help but think of the legend I had read as I sat in the shaky cart of the merchant, not even hearing as he sang a little song to himself. I just couldn't take my mind of the story... the seven first became the seven sins and all perished from their sins as punishment from the goddess... the seven deadly sins....

Ever since I read the wrath part I didn't even feel Invisus in my mind... No wonder why her presence is filled with evil and malice... Uncontrollable anger that ended with the death of the people you loved... I'd have gone insane too.

I sighed... Better not bother her for now... It must be hard to digest...