-79-

Amata's pov:

I woke up in the middle of the night at a knocking sound.

"Who the fuck-" I muttered, standing up and opening the door but no one was there. "Weird." I locked the door again, seeing well enough with the moons light. I heard the noise again and looked around the room since it was coming from inside. I sighed softly with a chuckle, the egg had fallen off the bed and rolled away as I moved in my sleep.

"I'm sorry for knocking you down." I said with a smile about to pick it up when I heard the noise again... But it isn't moving... I gasped and quickly picked it up, setting it on the bed and uncovering the fire crystal so it's reddish light filled the room as I intensely stared at the egg, daring it to make noise again without saying it.

It did and my heart leapt with joy.

"Don't tell me..." I leaned closer though it was a horribly wrong idea as something smashed against my face so hard it made my fall backwards and knock me out once again as my head hit the ground.

I groaned and brought up my hand to rub my head as I stared at the ceiling in anger, how much will I be knocked up still in this journey because I'm already annoyed by it dammit! I sat up and glared at the bed before losing that and staring into black eyes.

I get on my knees as I stare at the little winged lizard who was staring back with its head tilted to the side in wonder. I was shocked silent for a while before whistling softly earning a squeak from the baby dragon and the egg rolled over when it tried reaching out.

I couldn't help but chuckle as I sat on the bed and carefully reached out, I should have been careful, the memories of dragon I have did tell me when a hatchling it born it literally blasts its way out of the egg because it's hard on the inside too but not as hard as the outside.

The dragon tried to bite at my fingers and I pulled them back a few times before I finally successfully grabbed it behind its head at the base of its neck, memories telling be it was something dragons did to 'keep a hand' on their young, I brought my other hand over and pulled the rest of the egg off it. I wish I could tell the gender to stop saying it but as long as the baby dragons didn't gain its voice there was no way to tell if you weren't a dragon.

"There, free of the egg, you see? I meant no harm." I smiled as it smelled the eggshell and tried to bite it, it was smaller than a common stray cat, as long as my forearm from tip of its muzzle to the tail tip.

I laid down on my side, I could tell it wasn't sure about who I was but I have a way, something it had already heard.

Of course it recognized this song I had once sang to it but what it did next filled me with joy, it had made its way over, still a bit unsure on its feet and nuzzled its way under my arm and against my chest which was easy as I still was laying on my side, it looked up at me and made a small chirp like sound before laying its head down.
Looking out the window I could guess there was a bit of time till morning still so I just rolled the crystal close which it grabbed in its tiny paws and closed my eyes, arm still over it.

"Sleep well... Viridi." I chuckled at the happy little sound it made, approving of the name, it fit it and was gender neutral so I wouldn't have to change names later on if it doesn't want it because of if they are a girl or a boy... Plus, I really like the name.