-114-

Deus' pov:

Is this what people call love at first sight?

Arm broken and dirty was she when I first laid eyes on her and instantly had this feeling deep in my chest I needed to keep her safe from the world.

Demons have this thing they call alter egos, all have one and they help you 'stabilize' your 'inner fire', making you less prone to rage and lose control.
An alter ego can be just a friend, a lover or anyone but they will have a deep connection with you and you will be part of each others life from then on, being far from your alter ego making your restless as the inner fire wants to break free... I think Aura is mine but I feel something more then just that, as I said before, it this what people l love at first sight?

She was so vulnerable it pained me to see her so sad, other then Dea she became the second person to know my story and how, even if by somewhat of a margin, I relate to her in the loss of something that was part of your identity, she'd never been seen as an elf right away and I'd never be able to fly again.

The pain never seized, always feeling like flames were trying to burn a hole into my back through the scares of where my wings were but her touch somehow eased the pain, calming the flames and that was the day I understood she was made for me. 

I should have stood my ground and got her too bed, I knew I felt something was off but I fucking gave in... I gave in and ruined everything. I wanted to tell her sorry, that I regretted every moment of it, that I wished we could go back in time and change it... But I also never wished for anything to change, it's been years since I've felt this happiness and I wasn't going to deny it from myself.

I didn't bring it up in the cart we payed to transport us to the capitol of my people, knowing she needed time to think and that she'd wish for this to stay between us.

I had easily realized who's fault this was, I could smell the plants on her, but I knew it wasn't on purpose so yet again I kept it too myself.

---------------------------------------

The days of travel were long and tiring despite mostly sitting, the others got to see new things while with Dea we got to see old familiar things.

I silently stared up at the fuming mountain that was once my home, I missed my people but lived so many new things since I left that I don't know if I would be happy to live back up in that closed of community on top of the volcano but I still promised myself to make one last attempt at climbing the almost vertical sides of the flaming mountain, because of her again.

"Might seem impossible to climb just as an ocean seems impossible to swim across, many have died trying and many more will but there is always that determination to succeed, I know that, some day, someone will do it because as long as the goddess herself doesn't say no it isn't impossible so climbing that mountain might seem impossible it is not the ocean and you know what is your goal so once you will do it, with or without wings."

I promised myself one last try that days but it would have too wait for now as that is a personal goal not a group objective.

------------------------------------------

Looking up that dark tower high houses of the capital reached for the skies, actual towers reaching even higher as if all the capitol was being pulled upwards by an invisible force.

Like in the other towns, demons took whatever crystals they found and built them into the walls to illuminate the streets as night fell.

"Aura please lets talk." I said when we booked an inn and finally got away from the others.

"What?" She snapped with a red face.

"Look I'm sorry you are against what happened but I can't be. I'm sure you know what an alter ego is as you are intelligent, well you are mine and I've known it's been the case since the start, your touch alone is enough to alleviate pain that has been there for a long time and I thought eternal." Better be honest instead of sorry. "But there was something else." I held a piece of rock in my hand and you could see flames sometimes escaping between my fingers. "I felt this since the start okay? Day by day I am pulled towards you, I can't help it, I want to protect you, hold you, just... Be with you... Now I know you might not feel the same and I understand but just know I will never give up and as sign of my promise I offer you this." I opened my hands.

The rock had melted and with my flames I shaped it in a crude but pretty ring I held out and dropped in her hand she tensed, awaiting it to be really hot but it wasn't.

"Dragon stone." I said as she stared at it. "That's what it's name is, coming from the depth of the volcano that was my home once, I kept this chuck as a souvenir I guess but now offer this too you... I will always be waiting for you, just take your time." I said, walking passed her and down the hallway towards my room to leave her to her thoughts.