-33-

Amata's pov:

It's been a few days since that happened and I stayed in my wolf form since then, the things are set in place more I just need to time it well or the people waiting for my signal will perish. Not changing back didn't help the pain contrary to believe. I got used to the fact that there was never true darkness here even for the night it only became slightly darker but nothing else.

I could tell what Po said was eating away at the queen, well queen... Tonight you'll show you... I hope see doesn't makes that connection of the newly made myth and the year-old legend of the savior.

-------------------------------------

When it was night and everyone had left me alone in the throne room, I sat up, deciding to change back. I decided to not take up my completely human form for now, remaining that hybrid I was with the marking, if I was caught it would be easier to explain, I need to stick to the story, Aurum is my father here and all that stuff. I slipped the collar off and stood there, pain radiating through my whole body, mostly my joints like always but this form somehow dampened the feeling a bit.

"So my suspicion was founded." I looked over my shoulder, bingo, the queen.

"Some stories are true, others are made up, mine was forgotten to time like I wanted it but that old man somehow learned about it and gave it away to the people." I said as she walked over, eyeing me up and down, I was quite undressed for this worlds norms after all.

"And why did you refuse to show this to me?"

"I'm Aurum's child, I only agree to my own rules, I decided to follow yours because you are a powerful person that is deserving my respect." Nah, that's a big fat lie queen-y bitch.

"So you still acknowledge I'm the master?"

"You are no master of mine but I will follow your orders as you wear father's stone on your body." I tapped the crystal on her chest and I could tell it was 100% the one I needed to get. "Father wouldn't give it to anyone else but the one he found worthy enough to bare its tremendous power." I was lying so badly to make the myth hold up and not get her mad which I succeeded in, she seemed satisfied as long as I followed her rules.

"Interesting." Flames danced in her hands, not totally believing me yet and ready to attack me.

"Queen, my father's breath of flame cannot hurt me, you already saw it happen a few days ago."

"When you stopped that man from suffering his punishment."

"I do not see well that one of my father's people suffers a similar fate and pain as what took my love from me all those years ago." I found it so strange that their own fire couldn't hurt the person casting them but someone else's could. But I don't know much about magic so that's the reason I guess. I took her hand despite the fire, not being hurt anyway.

"You see?" I held her hand in front of her face. "Father's fire doesn't hurt me and you are far from its strength, no one can burn me." It was true, this flame felt... So... So something! It made my stomach turn and lurch just at its feeling licking up my skin, instead of Aurum's gentleness, loving and parental flames her's felt like a raging storm of hate and murderous psychopathic monsters wanting to destroy everything with a disgusting hint of want to watch someone suffer in these flames mixed into it.

I dropped her hand and backed up a little, not wanting to feel it anymore as a discreet shiver ran down my back.

"Why now of all time show your human self?"

"This is a form between... Human and wolf but to answer your question even I get tired and sleepy for being a wolf all the time, unfortunately it wasn't the way I was made first, I was a human above all that was gifted a second form to hide away after what happened to me." It felt so strange to call myself human in a none insult way but it is what it is.

"What's your name then? Because this means you have one."

"I've wondered the lands for so long before arriving here, for years at a time, my name is long forgotten to time and myself even though I have nothing against the name you decided to go with so I thank you for such gift queen."

"Very well Skah'la, as you wish." This is going to be a pain to try to discover when the castle and queen are vulnerable for an attack but the people trust in me and I won't give up... Not now...