-123-

Amata's pov:

I found the little angel endearing, he was so innocent and nice but I felt as if something was off about him but I couldn't place it.

I stuck close to me and furthest from Custos as she scared him.

"So how old are you again?"

"Soon 15."

"So that makes it 5 years of this?"

"Yeah..."

"Didn't any angel find you wondering alone before demons?"

"No, I was dumped here with a bag over my head and limbs tied."

"And you don't remember who did it?"

"No..."

This... This 'no' was what rubbed me the wrong way, it rang true but was painted of lies.

Aura would be able to tell if there was a lie with her sharp eyes but she didn't point out anything so I don't know where this miasma of lie covering that word comes from for me... Is it you mother? Are you saying he is lying?... Maybe it wasn't a whole lie and that's why no one but me was bothered?

"Well we are heading back to the angels as you know so we'll keep you safe along the way."

"Thanks!"

"What can I say except your welcome?" I said with a smile, I decided to take a note of the lie in my mind only to myself.

----------------------------------

I spent most of the morning trek chatting with the little angel but none of this weird 'there should be a lie here' feeling ever came up again so I really am starting to think it was my mother's doing to making me notice this.

Timor tired out fast so we had ended up asking Dea to carry him in her alternate form because she wouldn't tire as much as us and our arms would but we soon stopped walking anyway.

------------------------------------------

"Goddamn, when this is all over I won't miss the day long walks." Deus said stretching her legs as she sat down on the ground.

"I second that." I said nodding. "But after my destiny is completed I will be free to do what I want with my life and trust me I'll spend my days sitting in a rocking chair and reading books... Talking about books, Custos didn't you have a diary you wrote whatever we did in?"

"Oh really can I see?" Dea asked as I've never seen Custos' face get so red before from embarrassment.

"Hell no!"

"So anyhow, Custos and Deus I think we should just scout around a bit, to see if we find food."

"Good idea."

"As long as I can get away from Dea."

"Awe you meany I am coming with you."

"You girls go do that, amma go wash off in the river, you coming with me dude?" Fortis asked, nudging the angel with his elbow but he shook his head. "Your loss."

I didn't really volunteer to do shit as I sat down, watching Frigus paw around a small tumbleweed around with Viridi making himself at home in my lap as I ran my hand over his smooth scales. 

I hummed a few notes making him pick his head up, I couldn't help but smile, I hadn't really sung anything since he was out of the egg and I don't think Frigus heard that ever.

A man came across this old tower one day.
It was straight like from a book he once read. 
He lifted his head up and saw this young lady .

And here's what the lady said: 

"Moi je m'appelle mademoiselle Noir
Et comme vous pouvez le voirJe ne souris, ni ris, ni vis."

Et c'est tout ce qu'elle a dit
The man was so scared he could only run away.
He ran to the town and then said:
"I just saw a lady with the longest dark hair
And I think she's a living dead!" 

The people, so scared, took their guns and their swords.
They ran to the tower and then.
They saw the pale lady and felt a great fear.
When they heard how she said it again: 

"Moi je m'appelle mademoiselle Noir
Et comme vous pouvez le voirJe ne souris, ni ris, ni vis."
Et c'est tout ce qu'elle a dit.

The people, they knew what this all was about:
She was clearly a demon from hell.
They decided to set her long hair on fire.
In the end it would burn her as well.
But the lady was no demon she was a lonely soul.
Just like in that book they once read.
Still waiting for her prince while her hair was on fire .
The one last time she said:
"Moi je m'appelle mademoiselle Noir
Et comme vous pouvez le voir Je ne souris, ni ris, ni vis."

Et c'est tout ce qu'elle a dit.

My little dragon boy seemed extremely pleased with this, his long neck letting him rest his head on my shoulder with his from paws on my clothed stomach.

"Voice!" He said excitedly.

"This is singing Viridi, a song."

"Song!"

"Yeah that's it you adorable thing."

"You have a nice voice." I smiled at Timor who was also sitting, Frigus finding his pants really tasty and munching on it and tugging as much as it could being so small even compared to Viridi, he was growing as he could only fit on my shoulder while half sitting on my bag too and now from the tip of his nose to his tail he reached further them I can with both hands held out, half a forearm longer.
Soon he'd be too big to carry but he is profiting as long as he can... I can't believe he is growing so fast, he will get his flames soon and I'd somehow need to teach him to fly because a grounded dragon is a dead dragon... I gotta think.

"Thanks, I suppose I get it from my mother like everything else about me, I think she made me in her image of what people of this world would see her as." I said, scratching the under jaw of Viridi and he made like a purring sound as if two rocks were grinned against each other.

"Mhm."

"I got something to ask of you."

"Yeah?"

"Why did you lie?"