-21-

Amata's POV:

It was now night. Finally, I've waited long enough for it to come.

I put on my cape, gloves, bag, and weapons. I also put on a new black T-shirt and brown shorts. I took a bit of money, but not too much since I'd need it before I flipped my hood up with a smile as I left the room.

I walked down the empty hallways; everyone was asleep.

I felt so proud I smiled for a long while after that; she had grown, and seeing her on that throne, where she belongs, was enough to make me smile, the small bandage on my cheek also reminding me of that.

"Amata..." I stopped at the front door. The only light was the full moon shining in through the prominent windowed façade.

"Harmonia." I greeted back in the silence surrounding us, turning back to face her.

"Do you really need to leave?"

"Yes... This was the plan. I will talk to the elves and follow where my destiny will bring me... You had a clever plan, Harmonia."

"Thanks, I spent a lot of time on it... So this is our last meeting..."

"It most likely will be the last time we'll see each other." I smiled sadly as tears gathered in her eyes, and she hugged me, hiding her face in my neck. Surprised, it took me a while to hug back with a small smile.

"I-I know what you told me cannot be changed, but I can't tell my heart not to love you."

"I know," I said. "I know, but a time will come when you find someone else... This is goodbye, Harmonia." I let her go and backed away, opening the door as I looked back at her.

"G-goodbye Amata." I smiled at her softly and turned away, always away in the night, out of the manor's walls, leaving it behind.

------------------------------------------

I felt someone put a dagger to my neck and try to chock me with their forearm, I stomped on their foot and flipped them over me, slamming them down into the dirt.

"What the hell Custos?" I asked as she stood up, dusting her clothes off... She wasn't wearing her mask. "What are you doing here?"

"I was raised the serve the ruler of the wolves and I will."

"I lost, go back to Harmonia."

"Amata I just did exactly what she did to you back then... I know you could have gotten out of that easily but you let her win so for me you are still my priority as you'd have been the winner if you didn't want to lose."

"What no! No no no go back to Harmonia, she is the queen."

"Someone is already assigned to her, I'm not the only one having trained for this and if I were to ever fall in battle there needed to be someone to replace me right after my fall." She was right I couldn't deny her words; I had easily gotten out of her test attack. I smiled at her and chuckled.

"Then it's us two? I left for a reason, I have a destiny I have to accomplish, one way or the other I have to bring peace to all the people in the land, I was brought here by the moon goddess herself, I am part of all, this might put your own life in danger as it's mine and not your destiny... Do you still think you'd follow me?"

"Moon goddess or not, destiny or not, I have been raised such as I stand today in front of you, I don't care what may happen to me but I will play my role."

"Very well... Right now we are heading to the elven kingdom since the only way of contacting them would be physically."

"Right."

"If you are to travel with me I suppose you should know of the whole story with all the details so you can be aware what you agree to... 17 years ago, my father was travelling alone to the town we lived in, the traitors' den as you call it... He heard the cry of a baby and he followed it in a small clearing, nature itself surrounded the baby to keep it safe, the trees pulled their leaves away, their roots making a small doom of protection and other stuff like that and even animals from different size came watching over the baby you know... And then there was still spectral woman he said, none corporal, a ghost-like being, getting more visible to him as he got closer to her and the child... That woman is our creator,  she said she couldn't take her children continuing these wars and that she had sent this child to our world to stop it... That the child was very powerful as she told him, she sealed her powers up until she was ready to use them... She also said if he were to take the child in he was to teach it the rights and wrongs of the world but he would need to give her his life when time had come for the child to continue her road alone... I was just thrown on this path with no idea where it would go, left alone without a guide other then a beast inside me to help along the travel... I was to walk alone and yet now you insist on walking with me... I don't know where this will lead us so if any time you wish to leave then I won't hold you back." There was silence for a while as she followed me through the streets as I spoke while walking.

"Then my role is even more important, I am not only here to protect the rightful queen but also a prophesy of peace, a savior for the people, it's now or never that I must be here."

"... Very well... We'll most likely never come back here and if we ever do it would be at the end of our travels which might last long."

"I have nothing against that."

"Alright Custos but from today onward we are no 'queen and her guard', we are partners now, friends... On a life and world changing journey." I looked up at the skies with a smile... I know you would be proud if you were still here father, I will do as you taught me to bring peace... I miss you... I always will... But I know you are watching over me from up there... Let's start this new chapter in my life tonight...