-7-

Amata's POV:

I had left a few days ago, and luckily, I met with this merchant along a bumpy dirt road.

I couldn't walk all the way there, so I stopped him when I spotted him; lucky me, our paths were leading similarly, so as long as I paid him, he took into his cart for the ride.

It's strange, really... The races are at war, and yet do commerce with each other? This merchant is a vampire, after all, and he enlightened me on this. Some races lacked resources; even in war, they paid for imports... I'm confused now, but I prefer not to try to fry my brain by thinking hard about this.

"Miss! Yer stop is approaching soon. Yer better pay up." Said the vampire man.

"Alright, how much is it?"

"10 golds, miss."

"Here." I put the gold in his outstretched hand and caught a tree's branch passing overhead. I stayed hanging as he continued with a slight wave over his shoulder.

I let myself fall to the ground as the echoing of the horses' hooves steps faded away, I walked down the left road as the path split, and since he went right, left was my obvious choice. I sighed, looking up at the two little blue birds chirping in the trees. Oh, how calm of a life that would be.

--------------------------------------

Even with how far the merchant brought me it was still a long way to my destination, my feet were really sore as it took me three days of walking with just small pauses to rest but I finally saw the first town in a week, I think I will pay another merchant to take me along with them as going to the capital will take way to long on foot.

I passed this first town as it was too small to have anything I needed and was walking on same dirt road for a while until I spotted the first house on the outskirts of a much bigger looking city. 

The houses were nothing extravagant but I didn't expect much, these are the poor people as even from where I come from the richer live near the center of the town and poorer on the outskirts