-97-

Custos' pov:

I open my eyes with a groan and sit up. I am in a cold dark room made of stone, one side completely made of iron bars. walking to them I see several ones, this is a dungeon.
Looking around only small candles on the wall illuminate the place, the crystal around us like powerless, so weak a little candle can outshine them.

"Aura! Psst Aura!" I throw a pebbles over to the cell in front of mine to try to wake her but I fail, picking up a few more and going until I hear her groan and sit up.

"What the hell? Where am I?"

"Hey, welcome to the land of the living" I sarcastically say while sitting on the ground as she faced me. "And no, don't ask, I have no idea, just woke up."

"Are you hurt?" I touched my chest, where the shadow ball thingy touched me felt if salt was poured on a fresh wound but pulling my clothes away from me there was no marks other than coal dust on my clothes and skin, the flesh felt sore but not bruised or anything.

"I'm fine, are you okay? I just got blasted like Fortis unlike you."

"Yeah I guess, it felt like an arm made of pure ice just passed through me which it did but it was so strange... It was so foreign I can't explain, so cold, so painful, it wasn't supposed to be there and yet it was... Wait where are Fortis and Amata? I don't see them."

"Neither do I."

"You foolish girls hahaha." We looked to the left as click sounds approached and soon a woman in high heels appeared, followed by that shadow man, I got to my feet growling while Aura's legs seemed too weak to get up for the moment. she wore a long dress reaching her ankles and at least an inch-high heels, holding a staff in hand with several jewels on herself.

"What have you done to our friends?!" I barked angrily making her smile just that more prominent on her fucking face as she looked at me

"Oh but I did nothing, my servant here got his hands dirty not me."

"Answer the damned question!!"

"Oh my! Such fowl mouth! Show respect to your captor girl or you might not like what is to happen... But to sooth your minds or to destroy them I shall tell~, my servant didn't care for the male's life but as for your red haired friend her fate was death, she wronged me so I shall take my vengeance upon the people she loved the most."

"What... She can't be dead you bitch!! What has she ever done to you?! We never met you!!" I yelled as she laughed in delight and turned away with her shadow man, the clinking of her heels soon was all that could be heard and soon even that was gone, leaving us to silence.

"Oh my goddess." Aura whispered while covering her mouth.

"Aura... Amata is still alive, my life is tied to hers, I can die while she remains alive but if she dies I can't say the same."