-19-

Custos' pov:

As the days passed, so did my patience, thinning more than ever had in my whole life.

The same werecat man, Fortis, kept coming here to yell with Amata, and even when he was banned from the manor, he still found a way in. Everyone had enough of him, not just me.

I glared as the two guards holding him shoved him out of the manor. He stumbled and fell in the mud outside, rain sticking his hair to his face.

"And stop coming back," I said, turning away from him as the other guards closed the gates, rain pouring down hard, but he will be fine.

Now that that annoyance was gone, another weighed on my shoulders: Harmonia's inability to take a silent rejection. She didn't get the hint, and it wasn't my job to deal with that, so I couldn't even help. She just forced me to listen.

Amata's POV:

I was lying on my back in my given room, staring up at the ceiling, lost in thoughts.

-----------------------------

"Come on!!" I yelled, angry at my father for making me do the same exercise over and over. "It's not fair!!!"

"Life is not fair Amata, I will not go easy on you just because I'm your father."

"But I've been doing push ups for an hour now!!"

"So you wish to fight me than?"

"No..." I knew I couldn't get close to beating him.

"Than you have another hour to go and stop complaining."

-------------------------------------

I looked at the door when I heard a knock, chasing the thoughts away as I sat up.

"It's open." I wiped away the stray tears with a low chuckle, dad was always an ass when it came to training, how could he expect me to be able to fight him after all the exercises he made me do?... But in the end... It's what helped my survive until now... I would have fallen long ago if it wasn't for him... I was never able to beat him fighting fair but now I wish I had tried harder and didn't cheat, I feel guilty for never having beaten him fair and square.

"Is everything alright?"

"Everything is Harmonia." I answered her as she closed the door behind her.

"Alright... Damn the rain, when will it stop pouring? It has been days... Have you gotten any news from the elves?" She asked as she closed the window in the room, the rain sound stopping and no more cold wind filled the room tho I had done that on purpose.

"No unfortunately, none of the sent letters got answered and I think I would need to go there myself for a chat."

"But the ruler can't leave the kingdom."

"I know... That will happen after you beat me... The people must look at you as if you had saved them from a grim future to have no one even think of going up against you."

"But how? How would we do that?" She sat down next to me.

"You need to be confident, sure of yourself." I felt her arms around my waist. "And truly ready to land a punch, you cannot challenge me in my hybrid form or wolf form... You just wouldn't win... You need to come up with an excuse to keep this form for the fight."