-20-

Amata's POV:

The atmosphere between Harmonia and I was as cold as ice after that day, avoiding each other as much as we could, and when we couldn't, we wouldn't talk to each other unless needed.

I was sitting back in the throne room with a line of people lined up to ask me for help with the most minor things, everyone seeing the missing Harmonia as she had always been sitting near before now, but lucky no one was stupid enough to mention it.

"I'll giv--" "STOP!! DON'T LISTEN TO THE WRETCHED HUMAN!!" I looked up in surprise at Harmonia's voice. What is she doing?

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked, standing up as the people pushed themselves to the side of the room, not wanting to get caught in a possible fight if she was stupid enough to start one; she marched into the room as if she already owned the place.

"You heard me! You people might not know, but she comes straight from the traitors' den!" A mutter ran through the crowd... Don't tell me you are doing this now... "She didn't grow up here! She knows none of our customs! She has no royal blood in her and only won by pure luck!" She is, isn't she? "So, as a true royalty's heir, I will get the throne back today from the faker!!"

"You idiot." I whispered to myself as people seemed happy and finally noticed 'what was up with me' and why I was so kind to them... Fuck Harmonia, you aren't ready to face me... What is your plan? "Stop speaking, you insolent brat!" I snapped. If she wants to do this, I have a role to play, too... I hope you are ready or we are both done for.

"I only am telling the truth! This throne is not meant for a traitor like you but someone like me who knows the people of this land!"

"And who do you think you are? Capable of beating me? Don't make me laugh... And to say it was just luck to beat your father means you must be blind and looking for a quick death." I walked down the few stairs, elevating the throne above the ground, and crossed my arms with a glare. "I'll crush your skull in my jaws." There is no way back now; she either wins, or it's all over.

"It was. I saw it with my own eyes, and I know you'd win against me in our wolf forms. It's clear as day, though, that it would be cheating to use that hybrid form against me since I don't have that form, and you, oh so, want to follow the rules like always... I challenge you to fight me as you are right now in front of me. With no enhancing powers, you'd need to beat me; we'll see who is really the strongest." I could see she was primarily driven by her anger but also by a hint of the want to go through with the plan. She was not an idiot; she knew, despite the hurt, she needed to do this.

"Very well." I dropped my weapons and shrugged off my cape, Custos walking up and picking them up from the ground as I pulled off my gloves and handed them to her instead of dropping them, cracking my fingers. "Rules are simple: fight until one gives up, can't continue fighting, or dies... My bet is my crown."

"If I win, I take the crown, and you can't ever try to regain it ever again."

"And what if I win?"

"You'll keep the crown, and I'll leave the land in eternal exile."

"Very well." I cracked my neck, too, seeing people cringe at the noise and grinned. "Let's dance."

I walked closer to her without raising my hands or any defenses put up, stopping a good five feet from her before turning sideways and starting the circle with her, hands clasped behind my back.

She looked cautious, arms raised, unlike me, knowing what I could do.

My eyes swept over her posture and the crowd, seeing many familiar faces: the guards, Custos, the council, her brothers, all with the same look in their eyes, all the same... All 'down with the faker' glares, freezing cold.