-55-

Amata's pov:

After the celebration was over, life went back to how it was before, us wolves and cat went back to our training, I still got a few compliments here and there about what I had made for the festivities.
Aura had gotten her hands on the copy of the poem and had it stored in the library, I should pass there soon because I gotta read up on the vampires to at least know the slightest about them. I had just finished my training with Aura and right now I was in her mother's office.

"So you will soon leave us if I understand well?"

"Yes my queen, we must head to our next destination, the vampires' kingdom and soon."

"They will most likely not listen to you daughter of the all mother are you conscious of this?"

"I know this clearly." I was slowly walking around as she sat down in her chair. "That's why I will ask something contradicting what I asked of you when I arrived."

"I'm all ears."

"If it comes down to it, that I can't peacefully make the vampires agree to give up their war to coexist in peace... I wish for you to lend me your army are attack and force the vampires to stop this war."

"So you'd be going to war to stop another?"

"I know it doesn't sound like what I should be saying but even I gotta admit after a while if being nice doesn't do the thing then we need to turn towards harsher methods."

"Very well, I will give you this whistle, it is not heard by a beings like us but the fastest messenger eagle we have will come to you at its call." I put away the long golden whistle in my pocket.

"Thank you my queen, good day."

"Good day to you too daughter of the all mother." I left the place to go meet up with my friends, as decided, under the shade of the biggest tree around to just talk or something, we only saw each other at the meals and I missed them, even Fortis and even Aura despite training with her, it was training not hanging out together.

She had helped with getting better with my timing, aim and all that stuff, it only made me miss my father more because if that accident didn't happen he'd have been the one teaching me all of this back in the calm streets of our peaceful little town in the middle of the continent... But if that happened I'd have never met all the people I did, despite the painful memories there were happy ones mixed in with it.

I slowly made my way over with my hand on my face and stared at the tattoo on my other hand, I wonder how many other marks, scars or anything I will still get to remind me of my journey across the land when I will have come to its end.

I sighed as I sat down on the huge root of the tree, I was a bit sad because my birthday had passed three days ago and it was the first one I had without my father, 18 would have been a year where all those I knew gathered and threw a huge party despite my protests to celebrate my becoming an adult.
I had told no one here about the day passing because it wasn't something that would have been interesting. I let my mind drift as I laid down with closed eyes and my hands behind my head.

I even ended up thinking about my first crush again, the elf and angle girl whose daughter wore my name as 'honor' for our friendship, that little Amata was now... Almost 2, I actually liked her despite the old pain of having said nothing of my love for her mother, she was cute and I think the name suited her more than it did me but no way in hell I'm even thinking of changing my name, after all, it's quite easy to do that, just pick another name and voila, done.

"Yo asshole!" Fortis laughed as he had sneaked up on me and shoved me off the root, I fell down further then the ground is supposed to go. I could hear Custos and Fortis argue and Aura just laugh before I yelled up to them.

"Hey guys! There is a secret passage down here!"

"That can't be! There is no passage under the saint tree planted by our guide!" Guilt gripped my heart for a second as Aura had brought her up before yelling again.

"Well there is! Come down all off you! WAIT NOT AT THE SAME TIME!!!" But it was too later, Fortis grabbed me while he screamed on the way down, pulling me down with them and falling... Just falling, like it was an endless tunnel, suddenly more and more fire crystals started to cover the walls, there was not one of us that wasn't screaming in fear at all this. 

Then a sudden wave of pain came, the dragon marking on my hand was feeling like when I was whipped back in the land on fire but all the pain concentrated in on point which was the marking, I felt nauseous and light headed before almost like forced to faint.