Lie

Eugene's POV

" Thanks for the help." The girl said while getting down from the car.

" Hmm... Be careful next time." I said without looking at her.

She walked away and entered the mansion across the road. It's Kingsley's house. So, she lives here. Interesting. I have never seen her before anywhere with the Kingsley. I shrugged.

" Crystal is beautiful. Like Cinderella." Elyssa said.

" Who is Crystal?" I asked her.

" What, Bro!!!" She looked at me weirdly. " She is Crystal." She pointed the girl who just got down from the car.

" Hmm.." I said nodding cause she was right. That girl was beautiful but a fool for walking around those remote areas alone.

" What with hmm? She is beautiful, isn't she?" She asked me.

" Yes, she is Queen Elsa of Arendelle." I said to my sister who will keep eating my brain if I don't agree with her.

" Very beautiful. Isn't it?" She asked me.

" Yes, she is." I said.

" Very at the point of melting your heart, right?" She asked me.

" From where this came into the story?" I asked her as I turned the car towards our house.

" Just tell me." She said.

" What are you trying to say?" I asked her.

" She is extremely beautiful, isn't she?" She asked me again.

" Yes. So?" I asked her.

" Why don't you ask her to be your girlfriend then?" She asked me and my eyes widened. This girl!!! I sighed.

" Don't think these weird things always, Lysa." I said said to her.

" It's not weird. It's perfect." She said. " And heyyyy!! Don't call me Lyssa. I hate it." She said and I chuckled.

" Let's go home. Mom is going to kill us. We are already very late." I said to her.

" Mom is going to ground us." Elyssa said. She is right.

" True." I said.

Mom is going to kick us out. I mean mom is cool but when she is angry you won't be able to stand her. Soon we reached home. Both of us were hesitating to press the bell. Suddenly the door opened and Mom came out. Both of us took a step back.

" Go inside. Both of you." She said and we obeyed her silently.

" Where were you both? Why are you drenched boy? What's going on?" She asked us and we kept looking down. " I am waiting, kids." She said crossing arms over her chest.

" Actually Mom there was-"  Elyssa was about to spill everything. I hold her hand to stop her.

" Mom, actually the ice cream parlour was across the road and I got drenched while coming back." I said and she raised one of her eyebrows.

" True?" She asked.

" Why will I be lying, Mom?" I asked without looking at her.

" You know that better. But as for now, go get changed. Have lunch." She is upset now.

" Mom, there is n-" I tried to explain.

" Go, get changed, boy. Otherwise you will catch cold." She said. I sighed.

Why have you made all the Mom with so much love, God?

" Ok, Mom." Elyssa and I said unison. She walked towards the kitchen.

" Mom is angry." Elyssa said.

" Let's go. Otherwise she will ground us for real." I said and she nodded. We quickly went upstairs. I took a warm shower and changed into something comfortable.

Suddenly I felt numb pain on my arm. I saw a scar there right on my biceps. I sighed thinking about the incident earlier. It could be worst if we weren't there in time. I just hope she is fine not scared much. It will make her aware though to not to roam around alone to those remote areas. I took the first aid kit and covered the scar with a small bandage. Then I heard a knock. I looked up and found the little boy smiling at me. He came inside closing the door.

" What happened, Bro?" He asked me.

" Nothing, Ed. Just a little scar." I said gesturing him to sit beside me.

" You came back from school?" I asked him and he nodded smiling mischievously.

" What did you do now, Ed?" I asked him. He shook his head innocently.

Ed I mean Edmund is the youngest addition in our family. Yes, he is my brother. He is just a jolly kid with a lot of pranks. I bet he has done something this time as well. He is hiding. Well, let's see what actually he has done.

" Have you pranked again?" I asked him but he shook his head negatively.

" Then?" I asked him.

" I haven't done anything, Bro. It just happened." He said and I am sure now that he has messed up.

" What just happened?" I asked him.

" I didn't do anything." He said.

" Tell me already, Ed. After all I have to go to your school tomorrow for settling everything." I said to him.

" Just it was a spider. I swear I didn't took it there." He said.

" Then?" I was still suspicious.

" I wanted to catch it." He said.

" Catch it for what?" I asked.

" To leave it on Elsa's room." He said mischievously.

" And then she would have killed you, right?" I asked him.

" But it's fun." He said and I sighed.

" Don't prank with Lyssa. Then Mom will ground both me and you." I said to him.

" Ok. I will take that note. But what's for now?" He asked me.

" Oh, what happened then?" I asked him.

" I just opened the window of the class room to catch it but it was too fast and land on Ms. Lorellie's desk and everything happened. But I swear I didn't had any intention to do so. But it happened." He said and I sighed.

" They send letters for your guardian?" I asked him. He shook his head. " Then?" I asked.

" The principal said to take dad with me at school tomorrow." He said. Dad is not a problem but Mom will definitely kill Ed cause he does this every day even after all the time she is telling him not to prank that much.

" Alright, I will go and settle it." I said to him.

" You will?" He asked me and I nodded.

" Yes." I said.

" You are the best brother ever." He said and I sighed.

" This is the last time." I said to him.

" You told that previous time too." He said. I cleared my throat.

" But this time is the last time for real." I said and he shrugged.

I sighed. God bless this kid. But right now we need to convince Mom. She is still upset and I can't lie to her.