Testing Mr. Cool

Crystal's POV

" What happened to little C that she is laughing like this?" Mom asked me.

" Nothing, Mom. I was just watching a funny video clip." I said to her.

" Oh, ok ok." She said. I nodded.

" Mom, I wanted to talk something with you." I said and she nodded drying her long hair.

" What do you want to tell me?" She asked me.

" Mom, I umm..." I don't know how to start. Actually I wanted to talk about Eugene.

" Yes, what do you want to talk about?" She asked. " Anything wrong?" She stood in front me. I just hugged her waist and buried my face in her stomach. She started to pat my head softly. "What happened to my little C?" She asked as she kissed on my head. I smiled widely.

" I ..umm... Mom, I...I am.." I was trying to say.

" Oh my God!!! Crystal!!! You are pregnant for real?!! Oh, good God!! I can't believe. Like really?! Are you going to make me a grandma?! Grandma of little bundle of joy. I can't wait to be a Grandma. It it a boy or girl?! What do you think? Screw it. It doesn't matter if it's a boy or a girl. I will love the baby unconditionally. A little cute baby is calling me G'ma, a sight to see. Does your dad know that?" She asked me. I sighed deeply.

" No." I said.

" You haven't told him?! Ok, no worries, I will tell him myself. I can't wait to be a grandma. But why didn't you tell your dad yet? He deserves to know that he is going to be a grandpa." She said.

" I didn't tell him because I am not pregnant, Mom." I said and she looked at me weirdly.

" You are not pregnant for real?" She asked me.

" No, Mom. Silly. I will never ever get pregnant or even have s*x before getting married. It sounds weird to me." I said to her.

" Oh, yeah. Right." She said to me a bit disappointedly.

" But don't worry I will make you a Grandma very soon." I said to her.

" Really?" She asked me.

" Yes. Very very soon." I said to her. Her face lit up. She looked at me hopefully.

" Awww, thanks little C." She said to me smilingly smiling widely.

" You're welcome, Mamma C." I sighed deeply looking at her. But smiled back.

" If not about pregnancy then what where you trying to say?" She asked me.

" Mom ... Errrrr..." I tried to say but really don't know what to say.

" What?!" She asked me. " Why are you blushing?" She asked me and I covered my cheeks with my palms.

" I am not." I rubbed my cheeks.

" Yes, you are. You are blushing like a teenager who has a crush on someone." She said.

" Neither I am a teenager nor I have a crush on someone." I said.

" Then what's wrong? Why are you blushing?" She asked me. "Are you in love?" She asked me and my eyes open wide.

" How do you know that, Mom?" I asked her.

" Mom's instinct. Told you. Mamma C knows you better." She was saying carelessly but suddenly turned to me weirdly. "Really?! Are you in love? Oh, God!!! Who is the lucky guy?" She asked me. " Oh, my Lord, really?! Like really?!" She asked me with her widened eyes.

" Yes, Mom. Really." I said smilingly.

" Who is the lucky guy?" She asked again. " Is he that Eugene guy?" She said and my eyes open wide.

" Now how do you know that?!" I asked her.

" I guessed it. Besides, he worth being your boyfriend. He is a nice guy with good manner." She said.

" Not boyfriend. He is my fiance. I am going to marry him and have kids with him. But how do you know about him?" I asked her.

" You are my only child, little Crystal. Do you think I will be careless about your whereabouts?" She asked me. I sighed. She was spying over me!!

" From how long?" I asked her.

" From long back." She said.

" It's intruding into my privacy." I said to her.

" It's for your own good." She said and I sighed. " He is a good guy and his family is quite famous around." She said.

" They are." I nodded.

" You haven't chosen a wrong guy." She said.

" I know." I said.

" Do you want to test him for once?" She asked.

" Test about what?" I asked her.

" Loyalty test." She said and my eyes widened. I trust Eugene. He will never ever cheat on me. I believe that.

" No, Mom. I trust him." I said. "Did you ever do that with Dad?" I asked her.

" Hmm... Several times. Just for fun but he everytime caught me red handed that it was me." She said.

" For fun?!" I asked her.

" Yeah, I know you trust him. But you can do that for fun as well. You can test if he can recognize your voice or not." She said. Well, I can do that to test this thing.

" Ok, let me call him." I said. Mom rolled her eyes.

" If you call him with your phone won't he come to know it's you?" She asked me. Yes. I am stupid. No need to look at me weirdly.

" Yes, then what to do?" I asked her.

" Give me his number." She said and I gave her my phone. She smiled looking at the wallpaper there. It was a picture that we took last time I was in Naples.

Mom called Eugene and we were waiting for him to pick up the call.

" Hello!" I heard his sleepy voice. 

" Is that Eugene Roberts?" I asked.

" Speaking. Who is this?" He asked me. He didn't recognize my voice!!? Unbelievable!!!

" I thought just we can be useful for each other what do you think about that?" I asked him.

" Like how?" He asked.

" May be I can give you what you need." I said. I didn't know that the art of seducing that I have learned from Sophia will be useful somehow.

" No, thanks. Try to use this on someone else." He said and I smiled widely. I love you, Babe.

" Think twice. You won't regret it." I said.

" I don't need to think about it twice. I know the what's right and what's wrong." He said.

" Think again. You will remember me for rest of your life." I said.

" Thanks, but I am not at all interested in you. I have a fiancée." He said.

" You do?" I asked.

" Yes, she is crazy as hell and acts like she is very smart. I don't know who gave her this weird idea to spoil my sleep at this hour like this." He said and my eyes widened. " Crystal Kingsley, if you think I can't recognize your voice then you are so dumb." He said and I gulped.

The test went wrong. Crazily wrong.