By Hook Or Crook

Eugene's POV

" You told her that you are going to Venice?" Tris asked me.

" Yes, I told her that." I said.

" Why did you do that?" He asked me.

" I did it for a reason." I said.

" That's what I am asking you. Why did you do that?" He asked me.

" Because I have to find out something." I said to him.

" What do you want to find out?" He asked me.

" You will see." I told him.

" Why can't you tell that to me right now?" He asked me.

" Because I can't." I said to him.

" Why are you being so secretive these days?" He asked me.

" I am not being secretive. You are thinking too much." I said.

" Then why are you not telling me?" He asked.

" I am not hiding. If I wanted to hide it from you then why am I taking you with me?" I asked him.

" Oh, you want me to come with you? Cool!!!" He said. I rolled my eyes.

" Otherwise why I would be here to take you somewhere with me?" I asked him.

" Boys!!!" I saw my grandma. Currently we were at Edwards house cause Tris was staying here for a few days.

I needed him to come with me because I might need his hacking skill. I could simply ask someone else but I trust my best friend more than anyone else.

" Hey, G'ma." I said to her giving her a hug.

" How are you, big boy?" She asked patting my shoulder.

" He is always cool. Don't worry, aunty." Tris said.

" Don't call her aunty in front me. It sounds weird." I said to him.

" She is my aunty. Aunt Lucy this why calling her aunty, what is bothering you?" He asked me.

I feel weird when he calls my Grandma aunty. We are bound here with weird kind of relationship.

" I don't know. Just don't call her aunty. Call her something else." I said.

" What do you want me to call her?" He asked me.

" Anything but not Aunty." I said.

" Well, you don't feel weird that Meryl is my sister in law and you Aunt? Then my sister Tracy is also your aunt. What do you think about that?" He asked me.

" Alright. Stop you both. It doesn't matter what you guys call me. Don't fight for that weird reason." Grandma said.

" Who is acting like a whiny kid now?" Tris asked me. I rolled my eyes.

" Where are you guys going?" Grandma asked.

" I don't know. He is kidnapping me." Tris said and I gave him a boring expression.

" If I was going to kidnap you then I wouldn't come inside the house, stupid." I said.

" See? He is kidnapping me still his attitude!!!" He said and I sighed. Grandma chuckled.

" Who wants cookies anyways? I was searching for the kids. I can't find any of them. Where have they gone suddenly?" She asked and I chuckled.

" Must be playing in the garden." I said to her.

" Ok, then you guys come with me." She said and took us with her in the kitchen.

Her cookies was like obsession for me when I was a kid. I used to come here from school for her cookies without informing Mom and has been scolded for that several times. My mom still used to work that time in the office with Dad. But when Ed was born, he was too weak. He needed Mom 24/7 around him. So, she stopped going office regularly. That time I started to work with my dad in the office and Mom declared her retirement. She seldom takes interest in business issues now. But for me, my mom has won the best reward of being the best daughter, wife and last but not least mother. She is definitely the best mom in the world. No doubt.

" What are you thinking about?" My grandma asked me.

" Nothing, G'ma." I said taking a bite of her cookies.

" How is that?" She asked me.

" Delicious." I said.

" He has a sweet tooth. Not not one all his teeth are sweet teeth." Tris said, " I want one more." He said and I rolled my eyes.

" Yeah, right. I have very very very sweet teeth." I said.

" Stop you both." Grandma said.

" G'ma." I wanted to ask her a question cause she was a one wise woman. She comes up with great suggestions all the time. It's better to ask her.

" Do you need one more as well?" She asked me.

" Sure. But I wanted to ask you something." I said to her.

" What do you want to ask?" She asked me.

" Can a mentally sick person get back her senses time to time? Like suppose if someone is mentally sick then she tried to kill herself then after a second she can act all normal, like she doesn't know what was happening around?" I asked her.

" Usually mentally ill people will not get back their sense time to time until they are fully recovered. But that person can be drugged or hypnotized if they are acting crazily time to time." She said. I nodded.

I got a clue to solve this mystery. May be I can solve this mystery. I think so. At least I am hopeful about this.

" Alright. Thanks, G'ma. You are genius and I love you a lot." I said to her and she giggled. " We have to go somewhere, G'ma. Talk to you in the evening." I said to her and she nodded.

" Let's go." I said to Tris as he followed me.

" Are we going for an investigation?" He asked me.

" Yeah, something like that. We are going to find out the culprit which I think I have a doubt who can be." I said.

" Who?" He asked me and I explained him everything.

" Hmm.. unfortunately people trust someone more than enough who easily breaks his trust." He said to me.

" I agree." I said.

" But how did you got suspicious on them?" He asked me.

" I will tell you. Kingsley family is surrounded by traitors. Unfortunately they don't even have any idea about that." I said.

" No worries. We will save them." Tris said and I chuckled.

" I want you to help me in something." I said to him.

" What is that?!" He asked me.

" I want you to hack Royal Enfield Hospital's database." I said and he rolled his eyes.

" You are joking, right?" He asked and I shook my head.

" I am damn so serious. If not you then I will have done this by someone else." I said and he looked into my eyes for a moment. Then nodded to do so.

He knew I was going to get it done by hook or by crook.