Guarantee

Eugene's POV

" Check where Crystal is and let me know. She is not picking up my phone. Craziest girl alive." I said to Rodriguez as soon as he picked up the call. He chuckled listening to me.

" She is two blocks away from the office building and holding some record books on her hands so that she can't move her hands." He said.

" What are you doing then? Go help her." I said.

" I send Peter she refused to take any help from him." He said.

" Why the hell is that?" I asked him.

" She said she can manage." He replied and I sighed.

" Is there any other girl with her?" I asked him.

" No, she is alone." He said.

" Ok, send me the location. I will be there soon." I said.

I took my jacket and arranged the files. I walked out from the office building and reached the location Rodriguez has sent me. I sighed deeply as soon as I found the craziest girl alive. She was still in her lab coat holding books in her arms which were I am sure heavier than herself. I reached her but she was looking at the opposite direction. I cleared my throat and she turned but her face was completely covered behind the books.

" Who's there?" She asked and I took some of the books from her.

" Are you planning to die with the loads?" I asked her.

" Eugene!! How did you find me out?" She asked me.

" Does it even matter?" I asked her.

" Of course it does." She said.

" Where is your friend?" I asked.

" Stop ignoring my questions. Answer me first otherwise I will not answer your questions as well. Tit for tat " she said.

" Let's go inside and wait for her there." I said. She twisted her lips.

" Why do I have a feeling that you are not at all interested in her? You sound like you are being forced to meet her." She said.

" Cause that's the truth only." I said.

" Let's see when you meet Sophia. You will see." She said.

No matter how beautiful she is it won't work on me, damn you girl!!! I said in my mind.

" Why is she late then?" I asked her.

" She has to submit her record book today. She will come soon. Don't whine. We have a stressful life." She said and I wrapped my arm around her shoulder to give her support to walk. Don't know why it was feeling like she is walking with difficulty.

" What's wrong with you?" I asked her.

" I was helping Professor Ronald and I had to stand 7 hours in a row. Now I feel like I will get severe back pain." She said.

" And you are carrying tons of loads. Wow!!!" I said and took the books away from her.

" I have to complete all these records tonight. I am done." She said. I pulled her closer so that she can walk properly.

" Thank you." She said to me.

" Why didn't you let Peter carry the books?" I asked her. 

" Who is Peter?" She asked.

" Peter is one of our security incharge." I said.

" But when did he ask me to ask me to help?" She asked me. 

" Awhile back. He came to you to help you. You refused to take any help." I said.

" Oh!! He was your security people?" She asked

" Yes, he was." I said.

" I couldn't recognize him. No worries next time I will recognize him for sure. Besides I was holding books couldn't see who that was." She said and I kept the books on the chair and pulled the chair for her.

" I can do it myself. You don't have to do it." She said.

" Just sit down." I said and sat across her.

" There is Sophia. There is Sophia." She whined and I turned to see the blonde girl who was entering the restaurant. I sighed finding Crystal so much excited. I don't have any idea why was she was excited.

" Why are you so excited?! What's wrong?" I asked her.

" I am very excited for your wedding." She said and I rolled my eyes.

" Yeah, you should be very excited." I sighed deeply.

" What do you mean?" She asked me.

" Your friend." I said.

" Sophia!!! Here." She called her.

" Hey!!!" She said to Crystal as soon as she reached us.

" Come have a seat." Crystal said.

" Sure." The new girl said.

" He is my friend Eugene Roberts." Crystal said. " And Eugene, this is Sophia."

" Hi, Sophia Clemson." She said extending her hand towards me.

" Eugene Roberts." I said.

" Crystal told me about you." She said.

" What has she told?" I asked looking at Crystal who was smiling widely without any reason. Weirdest girl in the world.

" She said how you saved her from the goons." She said.

" Didn't she act a bit after that?" I asked her.

" Yes, she kicked on the air but unfortunately it hit Kevin badly." She said and I sighed.

" Hey!!! Kevin didn't complain though. It was an accident." Crystal said.

" Who is Kevin?" I asked.

" Kevin is my best friend." Crystal said.

" Yeah, she is a good kid." Sophia said.

" He is not a kid. He is a good guy." Crystal said smilingly.

Really!? I have to send Rodriguez after this Kevin guy. I have to make sure that he is safe for her. Who knows he can have some other intentions.

" Alright." I said.

" You guys keep talking I will just come." Crystal said.

" Where are you going?" I asked her.

" I will just come no worries." She said and almost ran out of there. I sighed. No tricks is going to work on me.

" Ms. Clemson, I think Crystal has told you about her intentions to you before you come here to meet me. But I am sorry. I can't go ahead in this with you. I hope you can understand." I said. She chuckled.

" Do you like Crystal?" She asked me and I sighed.

" How come you know that and she doesn't?" I asked her.

" The way your eyes keep following her makes things clear and she doesn't know because she is an innocent girl and you haven't cleared it to her." She said. " Tell her before Kevin snatch her away from you." She said smirking at me.

" This is never gonna happen. I guarantee that." I said to her looking at the way Crystal left as she was coming back now. I guarantee that he won't reach her ever.

TJL#19# Tale Of A Lonely Princessजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें