Try It

Eugene's POV

" There comes the old hag." Crystal said angrily looking at Mr. Sprouse. " You bloody traitor!!! Give me my diary back. Otherwise I will kill you. Mark my words. You don't know what C can do to you." She said and I pulled her back where she was standing awhile back.

She tried get rid of me but I gave her a cold look and she became silent. Thanks God that she did. Otherwise it would be hard to handle the situation if the atomic bomb like mouth started then the reaction won't stop soon. I mean she will keep talking without any stoppage. We were in the conference room. I gestured Crystal to sit down. She sat there silently.

" Have a seat, Mr. Sprouse." I said in a calm tone. He sat across me. I gestured all to have a seat. They sat down. " Do you know why are you called here?" I asked him.

" I don't know, Mr. Roberts." He said.

" You are not aware of it, right?" I asked him.

" No. I am not." He said.

" I heard you have fired and add some people without even thinking of asking me or dad. Does that sound familiar?" I asked him.

" It was needed that time. This is why I didn't inform you." He said

" It doesn't matter. You had to inform me. What was their fault whom you have fired recently?" I asked him.

" Give me each of the solid reason behind your acts. I think I have cleared myself." I said.

" Most of them were disobedient." He said.

" To you or to me?" I asked him.

" I mean they were trying to betray us." He said.

" How are you so sure?! Can you show me any proof against them?" I asked him.

" I mean I know that they were trying to betray but I don't have any proof." He said.

" Can you prove that here in front of all. You have a choice before it ends." I said.

He couldn't  say anything. He just kept saying that he doesn't have any proof. I nodded for a moment then I looked at him.

" Do you want me to trust all these bogus that you have said?" I asked.

" They are the truth only." He said.

" Truth!! Yeah, right." I said. " Who is that person?! Who is trying take us down. Name them I perhaps forgive you." I said.

" I really don't know what you are talking about." He said.

" Well if you choose that way then let it be." I said.

" Mr. Roberts, I don't know what you are talking about." He said.

" I was saying I hate traitors." I said.

" So you want to fire me now?" He asked me.

" Firing you won't be a perfect punishment. I will give you something which will teach you how worst it is to use your influence in a wrong way." I said and stood up. " From today Irene is the head of the publishing house. You will work under her commands." I said. " Irene, come here." I said and she stood next to me.

" Sir?" She said.

" From now you are the chief of this publishing house. Is that ok with you?" I asked her.

" Sure, sir. I won't let you down." She said.

" Good. And others whom he fired you can come and join in working from tomorrow. I hope you guys will not let me down as well. And Irene, check those whom he has appointed. Feel free to fire them." I said and everyone nodded. " I don't want anything goes wrong for you, Mr. Sprouse. Help Irene if you don't want to spend rest of your life behind the bar." I said.

" And you Mr. Hagfish. Where is Mary's diary. If something happens to it then I will cut you off into pieces and feed them to our dogs." I heard Crystal. She can't keep quite for long. Not even if you seal her mouth. I gave him a glare and she twisted her lips in disappointment.

" He has Mary's diary. I came to talk to him this morning and he didn't talk to me even didn't met me. He said he doesn't know any Crystal. He tried to insult me by his securities. Do you think C will let it go?! Never ever." She said.

" You haven't said anything to them? I didn't expect this from you." I said.

" I did. I fought with them. If it wasn't you then I would have kicked their faces." She said and I chuckled inwardly.

" Come with me." I pulled her out with me.

" Mary's diary!! Mary's diary!!!" She whined.

" Irene will find it out. No worries." I said.

" Only because I trust you. Otherwise I would have already kill that old hagfish. So stupid and irritating." She said.

" Now it's settled so just relax." I said.

" So Mr. Cool loses his temper as well?" She asked me. I chuckled.

" Where were you these days? At Naples?" I asked her.

" Yeah, was visiting Mamma C. Little C was missing Mamma C. And both Mamma C and little C had some great time together. They were so happy together." She said.

" What did you do there with her these days?" I asked her.

" Shopping, watching movies, cooking food, going for swimming and many more. Oh, we went to see some private properties. That was amazing." She said and sighed.

" You are very close to your mom, isn't it?" I asked her.

" Yeah, very close. Mamma C loves little C a lot. So she loves Mamma C has well. This is how Little C is close to Mamma C." She said and I chuckled.

" What about your dad? Doesn't he love you?" I asked her.

" He does but he never shows that to us. This is why Little C is closer to Mamma C. She is amazing person. I will introduce you with her once she is here in a week. It's gonna be hell out of fun." She said excitedly and I chuckled.

" Did you ever try to get close to your dad?!" I asked her.

" No. He ignores me." She said. "All the time mom and I came closer."

" Try to get closer to your dad. You will know better." I said.

" How are you so sure about that?!" She asked.

" Just try it and you never know it by yourself." I said. She thought for a moment then nodded.

" Ok, I will try it." She said sighing deeply.