Not Breathing

Eugene's POV

" Slow down, Eugene. You will kill us." Rodriguez said but those words of Thea was running around my head. I had to help her.

" Just keep quiet." I said to him.

" You are not going to help them killing yourself." Tris said.

" Just keep quiet. Both of you. You guys are not helping me as well." I said to them.

Why is this road not ending today!!! I speeded up. I know I was acting crazy but I was so tensed about their safety. I hope nothing happened yet.

Crystal, girl please don't do something stupid!!! Don't give me a heart attack.

With that we reached Kingsley's house. As soon as we entered the house we found some dead bodies around and my heart clenched with fear. Fear of losing her.

For the first time I realized the depth of the words that my dad use to say, if Mom won't be there his world will become dark and meaningless. I feel that so true that time. I knew what Mom means to him but today I just realized it feeling myself. I literally can understand the hidden meaning inside those simple words which was connected deeply with hearts and that's what is so true when you yourself will feel that fear for someone who owns your heart.

" Find Thea. Take her out of here." I said carefully walked passed those lifeless body.

I ran towards the main entrance but I found some armed people standing there who stopped us at once.

" What's wrong with you?!" I gritted.

" Sorry, Mr. Roberts but we can't let you or anyone go in. We got an order." The blonde guy said.

" And you guys are ready to see them die?" I asked him.

" No matter what you can't go in." He said.

" Couldn't find the Thea anywhere around. May be she is inside." Rodriguez said.

" We send Ms. Kingsley to the hospital. She is not severely injured but lost a lot of blood this why she lost her sense. She will be fine in a few days." The same guy said.

" Alright, let us go in. You are wasting our time." I said to him.

" We are sorry, Sir. But you can't go in." He said.

" Listen, I am not in mood of kidding. Let us go in or we might have to do something else." I said. Tris pushed me away from there glaring at me hard.

" Look, the more time you will waste the more dangerous it will be. We don't know if they are fine or not." Tris said.

" The cops are coming to handle it and there's other guards to help them inside." He replied.

" You can trust us. It will definitely help them. Just let us go in." Tris said.

" But, Sir, we have got an order." He said.

" We will handle it. You don't have to worry." Tris said.

" We were strictly forbidden to let anyone go in before the cops arrives here." He said.

" The guards are not enough to help them. You can see that they are very dangerous." Tris said.

" This is why Mr. Kingsley forbade to let anyone in." He said.

" And he went inside without any weapon?" I asked him.

" Yes, he did." He replied.

" Does he even know that there is a word called 'fear'?" I asked.

" No, he doesn't. None of the Kingsley does." He replied.

Yeah, Crystal is the burning example of that. Nothing can scare her. Not even a loaded gun pointing at her head. No, that won't scare her as well. But it's so stupid to be brave in front death. So stupid.

" Alright, we are wasting our time. Don't worry your job is secured. Just let us go in." I said to him.

" Please wait until the cops arrives." He said.

" And let them die?! No thanks. We are going inside right now whether you like it or not. You won't dare to stop us." I said to him.

" It's an order, sir. We can't let you go in." He said.

" Don't be a fool. Just let us at once." I said to him.

" The cops are almost there. Wait for awhile." He said.

" You gotta be kidding me. I don't kn-" I was stopped as I found cops entering the house. " Move now." I pushed him away and ran inside followed by Tris and Rodriguez.

I could here the cops were following us but I needed to reach there first to assure everything is fine.

As soon as I reached the living room, my heart almost stopped finding the scenario. I saw Crystal was holding a gun which she was pointing at her own head ready to shoot herself anytime. I found the reason was her mom. Ms. Cooper was pointing gun at Mrs. Kingsley's head as well.

" Don't shoot. Take the gun down." I said to everyone.

" Rodriguez, how perfect is your aim?" Tris asked Rodriguez as he picked out his gun to shoot.

" I said don't shoot." I said to Tris.

" Trust me." He said." Shoot straight." He said to me.

" Shoot whom?" I asked him.

" Shoot Ms. Cooper on her wrist." He said. " And Rodriguez, you cover me up if Mrs. Clarkson tries to shoot anyone." He stopped for a moment. " Don't waste your bullet just shoot on her head." Tris said and I got shocked at his sudden rage. " She doesn't deserve to live in this world anyways." He said and pointed the gun at Crystal after settling the silencer.

" Are you mad?!! What are you doing?" I asked him.

" Trust me." He said and shoot I looked at the bullet in horror actually where does it goes. I found it crossed Crystal without harming her but hit Mrs. Collins who was ready to shoot Crystal. She fall down on the ground.

" Now." He said and I was about to shoot Ms. Cooper but other guns fired before that.

The cops might thought they shoot inside. I found Ms. Cooper was seized by the cops and Mrs. Clarkson was by the guards. Mrs. Collins was on the ground. May be dead. I don't even care. But as soon as I turned to see Crystal my eyes widened as I found her clutching on her heart and she fall down on the ground at once on her face. I quickly ran inside and reached her.

" Crystal!!" Her parents reached us.

" Open your eyes." I said shaking her a bit.

She didn't response. Her shirt was drenched with blood that was uncontrollably oozing out from her body. I tried to wake her up. But to my horror I found her not even breathing.