Compromise

Eugene's POV

" Now what will you do? The only way that we could reach them is no more." Tris asked me and I sighed deeply.

Think, Eugene, think. Think what Dad would do if he was in this situation. I said to myself.

Dad would definitely be calm and collected and thought about it carefully. He wouldn't freak out. Don't freak out. Relax. No one can hide the truth. It will come out by itself. You don't have to do anything. I said to myself again. I took a deep breath and calmed myself down.

" How is her son?" I asked Rodriguez.

" He is still in the hospital. Didn't get back his sense. Doctor said he will get well soon. Nothing to worry about him." He said and I sighed.

" I don't know how this accident happened. The road wasn't that busy either. Suddenly the cargo van came and hit their car. Very unusual." Rodriguez said.

" I don't think it's an accident." Tris said.

" What has the cops said?" I asked Rodriguez.

" They still couldn't find any clue about it. The cargo's driver is saying that he was drunk while he was driving." Rodriguez said.

" Hmm...could he prove it?" I asked him.

" Still on the process. We will get the report soon." He said.

" Increase the security and keep your eyes open. You don't know where they will be hiding." I said.

" Do you also think it's a murder?" Tris asked me.

" I have a doubt on this. If we could check her phone then we could know whom she was contacting." I said.

" We were trapping her phone. We can check it to get assured." Rodriguez said.

" We will check that after the cops complete their investigation. It's important to know the other information. " I said to him.

" Why is that important?" Tris asked me.

" I want to be sure about something." I said to him.

" Want to be sure about what?" He asked me.

" Can't tell you now." I said.

" Oh, come on!!" He said. I sighed.

Last night we got a horrible news that Dr. Fernandez's car was crashed by a cargo. She was spot dead. Her son is injured very seriously and still unconscious in the hospital. And I don't think it's a very normal accident case. It's a very flawlessly planned murder.

I just was wondering why are these people so desperate to destroy Kingsley family!!! They are not even thinking about anything acting so reckless. Like this time they will die or destroy. They are playing a dangerous game. And the Kingsley family is completely unknown about the fact that they are in a danger like this. Others are still a bit sensible but I am hell worried about the crazy girl of mine. She will definitely act weird and get herself killed if I don't keep her safe. Hell!!! I am going to keep her caged.

" What are you going to do now?" Rodriguez asked me.

" Trying to figure out if I am doubting on the right person or not." I said to him.

" Whom are you doubting on?" Tris asked me.

" On a group of people." I said to him.

" Like?" He asked.

" First of all, Mr. & Mrs. Clarkson. I don't know why but I don't trust them." I said.

" Then?" Rodriguez asked. " Are you going to take Mrs. Collins' name?"

" Yes. Mrs. Collins. An old friend of Mrs. Kingsley. But she has some connections with Mrs. Clarkson." I said.

" I am still searching for the informations. May be we can find out things soon." Rodriguez said to us.

" Try to figure it out soon." I said to him.

" Sure." He said.

" That's all?" Tris asked.

" There are some other people who can be the suspects." I said to him.

" Mr. Winkler?" Rodriguez asked.

" Yes, Mr. Kingsley's assistant Mr. Winkler. He is also not out of the list." I said.

" I don't know why I feel like there is someone else who is missing in this list." Rodriguez said.

" When you find out the full information you will find out the other people involved in this." I said.

" Are you guys sure that the people you have talked about are the real culprit?" Tris asked.

" No, they are in the suspect list." I said. " May be they are not the suspects, may be they are innocent and there are some other people who are the culprit. We just don't have any clear idea about who the culprits are." I said to him. He nodded.

" Alright, then I will be get going. I will tell you everything when I come to know about the other information you have asked for." He said and left.

Suddenly the chain of my thought was broken when I got a message from the crazy girl of mine. I sighed deeply controlling over my anger when she refused to trust me and blocked my number. This ain't turned good. I need to explain her everything and tell her that she can't ignore me like this.

" Where are you going?" Tris asked me.

" Kingsley's house." I said to him.

" Seriously?" He asked me.

" Do I look like I am joking?" I asked him.

" But why suddenly?" He asked me.

" I need to have a talk with Crystal. She is overthinking." I said to him and he nodded.

I got out of our office building and started for Kingsley's house. When I reached there I called Crystal's cousin Thea as she blocked my number. She came out and took me inside. I wanted to talk to Crystal as soon as it was possible.

" Where are we going?" I asked her as she was taking me upstairs.

" This is Crissy's room. You can wait here until she comes back." She said and I nodded.

Though I don't know if it's right to go inside or not. But then if anyone finds me standing here like this it won't be good. So, I decided to go inside and wait for her. Soon she come back and got a shock finding me there. She gave me a weird look.

" What are you doing here?" She asked me angrily. I chuckled inwardly.

" I am here to meet my fiancée." I said.

" Who is your fiancée? Does she live here?" She asked me. I waited for a moment if she has anything else to say.

" Yes, she does. She is standing in front of me." I said to her.

" No, she is not." She said.

" Let's see." I said and pressed my lips on hers. She tried hard resist but she gave up soon and kissed me back. I chuckled. She is stupid but she is mine. No compromise.