The Worst

Eugene's POV

" Why are you laughing like that?" Tris asked me.

" You won't understand." I said to him. He raised one of his eyebrows.

" Why won't I? I am not a baby you know?" He asked me.

" You are baby in the matter of the love." I said to him

" I am 23. You can't say that to me." He said.

" I can. Because you haven't fall in love yet." I said. He rolled his eyes.

" Fall in Love?! Yeah, I don't think I will fall in love any soon." He said.

" You don't know, dude. You can't predict the future." I said to him.

" Yeah, right. Let's see what happens." He said to me.

" What are you doing today?" I asked him.

" I was thinking to spend some time with Tracy, Rora and the kids." He said.

" Oh, I was thinking to take you with Mom and me." I said to him.

" Where are you guys going?" He asked me. I showed him my phone.

" No way!!!" His eyes widened.

" Yes way." I chuckled.

" You are going to propose her?" He asked me.

" Dude, I said I love her. Then what's wrong with proposing her?" I asked him.

" Nothing wrong actually. You can go and propose her. But this is too early. You will get engaged then you will be busier than before. Will you have time for me?!!! And we live different countries with an awkward time zone." He said and I shook my head smilingly. I stood up and reached him. I patted his shoulder.

" Relax, Tris. Nothing like that is going to be happened. I know you for whole my life and I know Crystal for only a few months. You are my best friend and she is my fiancée. Crystal's entry in my life will never ever change your place in my life. You were my best friend and you will remain my best friend to the eternity. No one can change the truth, dude. And Crystal and I, we are the same person. You can't hold us separately. Because match made in the heaven. You will always remain the best gift that God has ever given me. No one can change that, Tris. I love you, Elyssa and Edmund the same. Never think like someone's sudden entry in my life can change the truth. Rubbish." I said. " Come here." I said and gave him a Bro hug. Little Tris is still the little one.

" Don't forget me." He said.

" Never ever until my last breath." I said to him.

" Don't talk about death, stupid." He said and I chuckled.

" Don't worry. Crystal is the best human being I have ever met after you. So, I think you guys will go along." I told him.

" Yeah right. Until she opens her mouth." He said and I chuckled.

" You will be used to it ." I said.

" I have to now. She is joining in the clan. But it doesn't matter she joins in the clan or not I promised her to be a loyal friend to her. I will keep my promise no matter what happens." He said.

" I know that, Tris. You are really a good human being. God bless you." I said as I broke the hug.

" I am not that good like you think. I have flaws as well." He said.

" This why you are human. If you wouldn't have any flaws then you wouldn't be human." I said to him. He chuckled.

" Then I will go with you and Nemo to find out the most beautiful and perfect ring for the bride of my best friend even though she is the craziest girl alive." He said and I chuckled.

I heard a knock and the next moment Rodriguez came inside the cabin.

" What happened, Comrade?" I joked. Crystal always keeps calling her cousins as comrade. Weird girl.

" You were right, Eugene." He said seriously.

" About what?!" I asked him.

" When you said that there is a connection between the suspects." He said and I nodded.

" What's that?" I asked him gesturing both Tris and Rodriguez take seat across me.

" It has started from the medical college that Crystal is currently studying." He said.

" Yes, tell me from the start." I said.

" Before government has taken the college under their supervision it owned by Kingsley family. Crystal's great grandmother had founded it. Crystal's mom also got her graduation from the same college. When she was student in the college there was a big fuss in the hospital of the college. A group of people was accused for illegally trading human body parts like : Kidneys, hearts and many more. Many teachers and students were involved in this. Mrs. Kingsley was one of the eyewitnesses of this case. She even went to the court to give her statement. The culprits were punished according to her statement most of them were given the death penalty." He said.

" They were sentenced to death?" Tris asked.

" Yeah. They used to kill patient purposely and take away the organs from them to trade them." He said.

Inhuman!!! If a doctor does this thing for money then whom can we trust with ourselves!!! So pathetic.

" How the suspects are related in this case?" I asked Rodriguez.

" First of all Mr. & Mrs. Clarkson, Mrs. Clarkson's brother Shane Falkon was in his senior year of the medical college. He was one of the main culprits who killed himself in the jail before the hearing of the court, then you talked about Mrs. Collins. Well, her father was given death penalty as well in this case, Mr. Winkler has no connection with this case. We suspected him for no reason. In fact he is a very loyal employee. But the most shockingly Ms. Cooper, Mrs. Kingsley's PA is involved very closely with this case which I don't think Mrs. Kingsley knew. Her fiance Dr. Robinson was also accused in this case and sentenced to death as well." He said.

" So they were taking revenge on Mrs. Kingsley like this?" I asked. "But they could simply kill them. Why did they planned something like this?!" I said.

" Emotional wounds are more fatal than physical one. It will leave you writhing to wish for death." Tris said. He was right.

I was about to say something but my phone started to ring. It was Crystal's cousin Thea. What happened now!??

" Hello!!" I said but felt like she was struggling while breathing. What happened to her!!! " Thea, you alright?" I asked her.

" I..." She took a deep breath. " I..I am ..not.." she said. " They ..are wi...with... guns." She said difficultly.

" Are you hurt?!" I stood up. " Rodriguez, reach Kingsley house at once with your teams." I said and tried to heard Thea's words.

" Got...got..a bu..bullet. Torren... Torren is ...in...sch..school... Please..take him... somewhere... somewhere safe and ..if...if I die...te..tell him...that..that his sister...loves him...be.. beyond the moon .....and back.." she said.

" Nothing will happen to you. Hold on. We are reaching there." I said but there were no response from the other side. The worst thing played in my mind but threw it away.

No, God!!! Please, don't make this worst. I kept praying.