Awkward

Eugene's POV

" Where is Heil Beil?" Ed asked me as soon as I returned home. I chuckled as he tried to find her out looking here and there.

" Someone is searching for me?" Hailey said pinching on Ed's nose. He squealed and hugged her at once.

" Awww, I missed you too." She said.

" Where is mom, Ed?" I asked him.

" She is upstairs. I will go and inform her." He said.

" Where is Lyssa." She asked searching for the drama queen.

" At first go inside. Then talk. Go." I said to her and she nodded.

" Heil Beil!!!" We heard Lyssa who literally ran towards us and jumped on Hailey. She just chuckled hugging her back fixing her glasses.

" Why are you late, Girl?! I was waiting for you from long." Lyssa said.

" You haven't gone to school today?" I asked her and she just gave me a sweet smile then shook her head.

" Heil Beil was coming. So I was overexcited. I couldn't sleep last night. And I couldn't get up early in the morning." She said.

" Mom hasn't say anything to you?" I asked.

" I just told her that I am not feeling ok." She said.

" But what if Mrs. Gonzalez call at home?" I asked her.

" What are you for, Bro?" Shesaid and I glared at her.

" This time I will tell Mom. Just wait and watch." I said.

" Why are you acting so rude, Eugene? It's just matter of one day." Hailey asked.

" Cause she does that most of the time." I said and Lyssa sticked her tongue out at me. Hailey chuckled.

" I hate school." Lyssa said.

" Don't worry. It is normal. I sometimes hate school too. There are too many rules. It makes me tired." Hailey said.

" Don't encourage her. She is already so lazy." I said and she chuckled.

" Hailey!!" I heard mom who was smiling widely.

No matter what Hailey is everyone's favorite. The fact that she is so innocent and sweet girl that made everyone tensed about her.

" Nemo!!" She said and hugged my mom.

" How are you?" Mom asked.

" I am perfectly fine as you can see." She answered.

" Alright, go get freshen up. I will serve lunch." Mom said and she left with Lyssa. " You too, boy. Go get freshen up." Mom said to me as she found me standing there. I nodded. " And listen, honey." Mom hold my hand as I was leaving.

" Yes Mom?" I asked her. " You need anything?" I asked.

" Keep her under supervision. You know what you have to do, right?" Mom asked me.

" Sure. Don't worry. I would definitely do that anyways even if you didn't tell me. I wouldn't let my guard down from her." I said.

" Good. I will go and inform Alan that his Princess is here already so nothing to worry. He is eating my brain from the morning. Stupid!!! Why does he live her alone if he is so scared?! I don't know how this girl will have a love life if she has a hell possessive guy as Dad." Mom said irritatingly and I chuckled.

" Alright then, mom. You call him. I will be going. I have a meeting to attend after lunch. I should be there. I will just reach there. Take care." I said and she sighed.