Beautiful

Eugene's POV

" I am not going anywhere. You go home." Mrs. Kingsley said to Thea's mom.

" You will get sick if you keep crying like this, Candice." She said.

" I don't care. I won't go anywhere." Mrs. Kingsley said.

" I know what you are feeling but you need to handle yourself." She said.

" I can't." She said to her. " Please, don't tell me to go anywhere."

" Candice!!" My mom called her. "It's ok if you don't want to go anywhere but at least drink some water. You are starving yourself for long. Do you want to show this weak self of yours when Crystal wakes up? She will be upset." Mom said. Mrs. Kingsley kept sobbing.

" If something happens to her then I won't be able to survive." She said.

Mother and her emotions. An universal truth. God has made all the mother with special kind of heart which only they can have. A heart full of love.

" I can understand your feelings, Candice. Just hold on. Nothing will happen to her. Don't worry." Mom said.

" I can't survive this heart break twice." She said.

" Ssssssshhh!!! Don't think anything negative." Mom said wiping her tears.

" Bro!!" Ed said.

" Yes, Ed?" I said patting his head.

" What happened to Kiki?" Ed asked me sadly. I smiled a bit.

" She is a bit sick." I said.

" A bit?" He asked.

" Yes." I ruffled his hair.

" Then why is Kiki's Mommy crying too much?" He asked. I sighed. Kids and their questions!!!

" She is tensed. When you get sick then mom also gets tensed, doesn't she?" I asked him.

" Yes, she does. Because she loves me a lot." He said and I chuckled sadly.

" Kiki's Mommy also loves her a lot. This why she is crying." I said.

" Oh, ok." He said to me. " When is she going to be fine?" He asked me.

" Don't worry she will be fine." I said.

" Ok." He said.

" Ed, you should sleep now." Lyssa said.

" No, I don't want to." He protested as well.

" Kids!!" Dad said. Both of them shut theirselves.

" What has the doctor said?" Dad asked me.

" Still haven't say anything. Still haven't come out of the OT since Tris has come out of there." I said to him. I just kept quiet. I didn't want to break down in front of my siblings. It won't be good.

" Don't worry. Everything will be fine." He said and looked at Mrs. Kingsley who was still crying then sighed.

" Mothers and their emotions. No one can feel that except themselves." Dad said.

" Every mother loves her child." I said.

" Yeah, I know." He said and sighed.

" Hmm.." I replied.

We were sitting there for God knows how long. Soon the doctor came out and my eyes stuck on him. We stood up.

" Doctor?" Mr. Kingsley asked. "How is my daughter?"

" Mrs. Kingsley, you are a doctor, right?" Doctor asked.

" Yes. What happened?" She asked almost cried. Mr. Kingsley hold her tightly.

" You know exactly where the bullet hit her, right?" He asked.

" It should be the downside of her heart." She sobbed.

I hold my breath I knew I was going to breakdown any time now. I felt Mom hugging me tightly from the side. I took a deep breath to calm myself.

" But it actually didn't hit her heart." The doctor said.

" What?!! How?" Mrs. Kingsley asked.

" Didn't you know that your daughter has dextrocardia?" He asked.

What is dextrocardia now?!!

" My goodness!!!" Mrs. Kingsley said.

" Yes, her heart in the right side of her chest." He said.

" You mean..." Mrs. Kingsley was going to cry again.

" God has listened to your prayers. May be having dextrocardia was a blessing for her. If it was a normal person's heart he would have died at once. But it couldn't reach her heart. Because her heart is in the inverse position." The doctor said and I looked at him weirdly.

I have heard something like that for the first time in my whole life. And Biology was never my subject. I couldn't go along with it ever. Even Geography was whole lot easier.

" It's very rear. But nothing to worry. As you know that she can live with dextrocardia her whole life if there is no other heart problem." Doctor said.

" How can she herself doesn't know it?" Mr. Kingsley asked.

" May be she knows that. She has not tell anyone about this." The doctor said.

" Why won't she tell that?" Mr. Kingsley asked.

" May be she didn't think it was important to share." The doctor said.

" But..." Mr. Kingsley was saying but Mrs. Kingsley cut him in between.

" Because we kept ignoring her all the life. She may thought we don't even care about her. So, she might not wanted us to know that." Mrs. Kingsley said. I sighed deeply.

" Can we see her?" He asked the doctor.

" Once we shift her in the private cabin. You can but not all of you together." He said and I sighed.

" I can't believe she has her heart on the right side of her chest." I heard Tris. I narrowed my eyes at him remembering how he predict a miracle might happen.

" How did you know that, Tris?" I asked him.

" Know what?!" He asked me.

" That some kind of miracle is going to happen?" I asked him.

" I didn't know about this. I told that randomly so that we can handle Mrs. Kingsley. She was crying so hard." Tris said. I sighed.

" Sometimes you confused people as hell." I said to him.

" Sometimes?! I thought I do it always." He said.

" What can I say you are evil." I said to him and he chuckled.

" Yes, I am. But you go see her at first. It will bring peace of mind to you." He said and smiled.

" Thanks for everything." I said to him. He chuckled patted my shoulder.

" Anything for you, dude. You never ever have to say thank you, sorry or please. That's what best friends for." He said.

I was really grateful for having a friend like Tris.

" I will just come." I said to my parents and ran after the doctors and Crystal's parents.

Someone said it truth being alive is the most beautiful thing as it let you have a chance to correct your mistakes, develop some special relationship and most importantly some long lasting memories. You can call it anything but for me it's beautiful.