November 28, 2018

Dear Future Husband,

Guess who is going on their first TRIPLE date?

Ok, so it's not an official thing, it's just my sister, her boyfriend, my parents, Donovan, and me, but I'm qualifying it as a triple date.

My parents have a rule that once boyfriends reach the ten day mark, they need to be introduced.

Unlike my sister, I'm not super nervous for tonight like she was introducing them to Grant. Donovan is a great kid with great people skills and I think everything will go perfectly.

I think they invited Grant to set the standards, comparing the two boys to see the quality of the newer one. Grant is the bare minimum standard for boyfriends, and as long as Donovan meets or surpasses him (which shouldn't be difficult) my parents will approve.

I haven't had a lot of boyfriends, certainly not any who made it to the ten day mark, I've only watched my sister's many catches sit through the laborious dinner of salad, spaghetti, and shortcake only to be judged at the end of the night, two out of five of whom were deemed unfit to date Clarissa. As an attendee of every single one of the dinners, it isn't an easy night for anyone, but I have a strong feeling that Donovan will pass the test with flying colors and make the dinner a good one that people can even remotely enjoy.

Love, I wonder what your dinner will be like. I have a feeling you're going to pass with flying colors, just like another fixture in our home. Your dinner will feel like it's a normal thing, you're going to nail it.

I know, because you're the one.

Xoxo, Alina