January 20, 2019

Dear Future Husband,

I thought taking rides with Grant would end the Brad issue.

He hasn't gotten close to me since the parking lot incident, but I still catch him smiling at me in the hallways, and I can feel him staring whenever I go into the kitchen while he's there with Clarissa. Not only that, I've caught him groping other girls and even flirting with some of them while Clarissa was standing right next to him. I also heard rumors that he was sleeping with someone in my grade, which wouldn't surprise me if they were true.

Are you stupid, Clarissa? Can't you see that this guy has red flags sticking out of every pore? Maybe she chooses not to see it, I don't know why, but maybe she just ignores it.

Regardless, I hate seeing my sister being treated this way.

I've gotten close to telling her what happened, but stopped myself either because Brad was with her at the time, or because of the smallest thing that would happen like dropping my phone that I would take as a bad omen. I have also gotten close to telling my parents, but part of me didn't want to be the annoying, tattling little sister, regardless of how Clarissa would treat me.

I've considered plotting some sort of trap so my parents would find out what a jerk Brad was, but could never find a way to do it without being attached to it. I've even considered texting Grant and telling him that Brad had done something just so he will set him straight (he offered to beat him up for me when he first gave me a ride).

Every time, I just freeze up and my mind goes blank. I'm not usually like this, usually I'm honest and straightforward and know what needs to be done, but I'm just a nervous wreck. No one-- especially not a boy-- has approached me like that and it really really scared me, and confronting it was almost even scarier.

But I have to deal with it one way or another.

I just don't know how.

Xoxo, Alina