April 27, 2019

Dear Future Husband,

Are you writing to me?

Yesterday I went to Grant's house and learned that he wrote to his future wife, something I never would've expected out of him. He always acts like this tough guy who doesn't like to share anything (especially because he rarely shares things with even his family), but he really is a softie who has lots to share. The only issue he has is that he thinks no one cares enough to listen.

Grant deserves all of the care in the world and it's really not fair to him that no one will listen to what he has to say, which is a real shame. It goes along with the whole deferring of dreams thing that people feel so entitled to undertake.

Society needs to spread more love. They need to make people like Grant feel like their opinions and feelings are important instead of brushing them off as extraneous.

It doesn't matter how many feelings you have, all of them matter.

He's like this puppy I saw today at the pet store (Grant had to stop to get food for his sister's hampster and I couldn't help but wander to the dog section). It was this beautiful white Maltese puppy, the little guy of the group, but not little in personality. He was so adorable jumping around the little cage trying to get attention, as his siblings were all crowded at the front. He yelled a couple times but none of them paid him any notice, they just pushed their noses against the glass even further, too busy focused on getting attention for themselves.

Eventually the little guy kind of gave up and, although he didn't know I could see him, he rolled around on the ground behind all of his siblings pawing at the air and scratching his back like the little cutie he was, being himself even if no one really cared.

Grant was kind of like that, he gave up trying to get people's attention and just kind of did his own thing. I admired his ability to brush everything off, but he couldn't brush me off because he was the only thing my attention was focused on.

Eventually, I just really had to hold that puppy though, so Grant called over one of the employees and they took the little guy-- whose name I learned was Romeo out of the display case—and let me play with him for a little bit.

Enough talking about Grant, that puppy made my week.

Oh my god, you should've seen the way he sneezed! He was like a squeaky toy! And his yawn! His fur was so soft I thought he might be fake and I couldn't stop petting him. He was so tiny too, I'm pretty sure I could put him in my purse and no one would notice him. His cute little pink belly couldn't possibly hold more than a peanut. I am in love with that little dog, let me tell you. Eventually the little guy fell asleep and the employee found it appropriate he get put back in the cage after I told her I wasn't going to buy the little guy. My parents would never say yes to having a new puppy in the house, especially an untrained one. All I know is that I'm going to miss him so much, my heart aches for the little guy.

The same way it aches for you.

Xoxo, Alina